Suppose I've read and paid attention very little in Tax...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NotT14DGAF

Suppose I've read and paid attention very little in Tax...

Postby NotT14DGAF » Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 pm

... and the exam is in just over two days (It's Tuesday night now, exam is Friday).

What would you use and how would you prepare? Are either of law school legends/sum and substance on federal income tax any good?

Book we used is "fundamentals of federal taxation" by Miller and Maine.

Exam is multiple choice, prof said the questions will be much like the problems in the book. I've got the answers to the problems, should i just try to skim the book (whoever had it before me seems well organized, the highlighting and margin notes are phenomenal) and do the problems using the answers to help me?

Just wondering if there's a great supplement out there.

I'm not new here btw just havent been on in a while and forgot both my username and password.

lawyerdown27

Re: Suppose I've read and paid attention very little in Tax...

Postby lawyerdown27 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:12 pm

First, I would make sure you know how to do every example problem in the book -- that's probably most important. Second, I would recommend the E&E if your library has a copy. The examples aren't particularly challenging, but it's sufficient for plug and chug steps.

Don't waste time with Chirelstein.

I don't know anything about the lectures, but the CDs our law library had were from like 2004 -- I didn't want to deal with parsing out things that have changed.

Hustle hard, it can be done.

NotT14DGAF

Re: Suppose I've read and paid attention very little in Tax...

Postby NotT14DGAF » Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 pm

lawyerdown27 wrote:First, I would make sure you know how to do every example problem in the book -- that's probably most important. Second, I would recommend the E&E if your library has a copy. The examples aren't particularly challenging, but it's sufficient for plug and chug steps.

Don't waste time with Chirelstein.

I don't know anything about the lectures, but the CDs our law library had were from like 2004 -- I didn't want to deal with parsing out things that have changed.

Hustle hard, it can be done.

hey thanks a lot man i'll get my hands on a copy of the E&E

and thanks for the encouragement, really fucked around

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”