The Write On - (almost) FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Bronck » Mon May 20, 2013 3:54 am

Haven't done shit yet.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon May 20, 2013 7:29 am

Due today and I am in the FIGHT OF MY LIFE to finish this thing on time.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby hyakku » Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 am

^ Don't know if I'm finishing this BS. The only reason I haven't quit is because I hate being a weakling, but the weak path was probably TCR this time.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 am

Yeah, I won't even be the least bit upset if I get dinged.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon May 20, 2013 11:35 am

I'm going to get flak for this, but I actually kind of enjoy the write-on. I absolutely hate the ridiculously long hours that I have to put in, but reading all this material and feeling like I deeply and thoroughly understand an area of law is kind of rewarding to me.

This being said, Bluebooking can go to hell.

User avatar
LetsGoLAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

sbl274 wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Now that I have graduated, I can confirm that LR write-on was the worst experience of my three years of law school.

You're not alone etc.


I haven't graduated but looking back at 1L and 2L years, I'd have to agree.


Two days in, TITCR. Finished the halfway point of reading 500 pages. No burn out yet.


How da phuck do you read all that? (assuming the comp didn't start like 8 months ago). Props.


I spend 12 hours per day. No more. 9 hours of sleep reduces chance of burnout. I spend 4 full days reading 500 pages. I skip a lot of bullshit, but for the most part reading it carefilly.

TLSaul2001
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby TLSaul2001 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 pm

God this sucks. Due by tomorrow night, thankfully have my rough draft written so just going through citations which is hell. I thought going through all the research and outlining my paper would be the most work and hours wise it probably is but the BlueBooking is the most mentally numbing crock of shit I've ever done in an academic setting. Combine that with the last month of finals studying + finals and this is the most burnt out I've ever felt. Cannot wait to turn my brain off for the summer.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby pupshaw » Mon May 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:I'm going to get flak for this, but I actually kind of enjoy the write-on. I absolutely hate the ridiculously long hours that I have to put in, but reading all this material and feeling like I deeply and thoroughly understand an area of law is kind of rewarding to me.

This being said, Bluebooking can go to hell.


Feel exactly the opposite, which is even weirder I guess. I'm kind of enjoying the subcite, but the case comment is making me want to kill myself.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon May 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Submitted.



SUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

The essay was only mildly shitty but I haven't started adding the footnotes. Not expecting that to be pleasant.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Bronck » Mon May 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:The essay was only mildly shitty but I haven't started adding the footnotes. Not expecting that to be pleasant.


Damn dude you already finished the essay? I'm just starting to read over the materials lol

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Bronck wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:The essay was only mildly shitty but I haven't started adding the footnotes. Not expecting that to be pleasant.


Damn dude you already finished the essay? I'm just starting to read over the materials lol

Once you get through the materials it goes pretty fast. The end of my week looks pretty busy so I needed to get off to a fast start.

User avatar
LetsGoLAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Bronck wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:The essay was only mildly shitty but I haven't started adding the footnotes. Not expecting that to be pleasant.


Damn dude you already finished the essay? I'm just starting to read over the materials lol

Once you get through the materials it goes pretty fast. The end of my week looks pretty busy so I needed to get off to a fast start.


I hope you're right. Reading hundreds of pages in such a short period is a mind fuck.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Bronck » Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Bronck wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:The essay was only mildly shitty but I haven't started adding the footnotes. Not expecting that to be pleasant.


Damn dude you already finished the essay? I'm just starting to read over the materials lol

Once you get through the materials it goes pretty fast. The end of my week looks pretty busy so I needed to get off to a fast start.


I hope you're right. Reading hundreds of pages in such a short period is a mind fuck.


Ours is only 50 pages of materials (hides).

User avatar
LetsGoLAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon May 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Bronck wrote:Ours is only 50 pages of materials (hides).


< 500. "Only 150 more, only 150 more."

WE WILL SURVIVE.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Yeah if I actually had to read 500 pages I'd probably decide that Law Review just isn't for me.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Bronck » Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Yeah if I actually had to read 500 pages I'd probably decide that Law Review just isn't for me.


I'm already 99.9% convinced it's not for me.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Bronck wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:Yeah if I actually had to read 500 pages I'd probably decide that Law Review just isn't for me.


I'm already 99.9% convinced it's not for me.


Just remember:

ph14 wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Now that I have graduated, I can confirm that LR write-on was the worst experience of my three years of law school.

You're not alone etc.


I haven't graduated but looking back at 1L and 2L years, I'd have to agree.


And I'm pretty sure both of these guys are/were clerkship gunners, so it must be really bad for us. Just gotta push through.

User avatar
LetsGoLAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon May 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Bronck wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:Yeah if I actually had to read 500 pages I'd probably decide that Law Review just isn't for me.


I'm already 99.9% convinced it's not for me.


Just remember:

ph14 wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Now that I have graduated, I can confirm that LR write-on was the worst experience of my three years of law school.

You're not alone etc.


I haven't graduated but looking back at 1L and 2L years, I'd have to agree.


And I'm pretty sure both of these guys are/were clerkship gunners, so it must be really bad for us. Just gotta push through.


This. I'm trying to get the notion out of my head a ~100 work week may be for nothing.

But, this pain is temporary. Push on. The reward of SUMMER is on the other end. At least we're not alone, but in this together.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon May 20, 2013 10:24 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:I hope you're right. Reading hundreds of pages in such a short period is a mind fuck.

Hopefully you'll Beautiful Mind it and all of the assorted readings will eventually fit together in your brain.

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby notedgarfigaro » Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 pm

just started grading...it's funny, you can see the EXACT POINT where the person gave up on life.

fadedsunrise
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby fadedsunrise » Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 pm

How important is it to actually read all 400 pages and try to cite everything? First day, made it through about the first 80 and outlined a roadmap of where to go/what support to look for. Can't help but think they have to be trying to trick us into doing extra work, or are they really looking for broad coverage?

FUCK MY LIFE, I don't actually want this law review crap beyond how fancy employers think it is. -_-

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22846
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 pm

fadedsunrise wrote:How important is it to actually read all 400 pages and try to cite everything? First day, made it through about the first 80 and outlined a roadmap of where to go/what support to look for. Can't help but think they have to be trying to trick us into doing extra work, or are they really looking for broad coverage?

FUCK MY LIFE, I don't actually want this law review crap beyond how fancy employers think it is. -_-

Dude, we can't give you advice on what to do on your write-on while you're doing it.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby pupshaw » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:just started grading...it's funny, you can see the EXACT POINT where the person gave up on life.


Image

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: The Write On - JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:just started grading...it's funny, you can see the EXACT POINT where the person gave up on life.

New Goal: Don't let my grader be able to see this in my application.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: foxmulder, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests