Training and leadership development for women

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
CourCour

Training and leadership development for women

Postby CourCour » Fri May 03, 2013 10:29 am

Do any of your schools offer workshops and/or other training for skill development, leadership development, career building, etc... specifically tailored to women? If so, please describe. Is it offered by career services? Student group?

A. Nony Mouse

Re: Training and leadership development for women

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri May 03, 2013 10:40 am

My school's women students group sometimes sponsored stuff in conjunction with the local women's bar association vaguely along these lines - I remember more about "work-life balance" than skill/leadership development, though. I think they may have had something about networking/connections. I'm vague because I didn't attend any (mostly for scheduling reasons). Mostly the student group would advertise stuff that the women's bar sponsored, and students got a discount to attend. (I'm pretty sure the local bar group does a "women's leadership" conference once a year, for the legal community generally, which students could attend.)

I don't think our career services sponsored anything specifically tailored to women, although it's possible that they worked with the above student group or co-sponsored or something like that. My school (and local legal community) is very big on "inclusiveness" (or diversity) so tended to subsume stuff aimed at women into stuff aimed at fostering "inclusiveness" generally.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”