Question about Judicial Summer Internship Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JuneLSATFail

New

Question about Judicial Summer Internship

Post by JuneLSATFail » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Had an interview with a judge today and went well. Told me to call back tomorrow with the days i would be available and acted as if i was going to get the internship but made no formal offer. She didn't tell me when they were going to get back to me, but it seemed as if i had already had it. However, i have another interview with a different judge tomorrow. What do i do? I dont want to get an on the spot offer tomorrow if i already implicitly accepted the offer from the other place...advice?

stillwater

Gold

Re: Question about Judicial Summer Internship

Post by stillwater » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm

JuneLSATFail wrote:Had an interview with a judge today and went well. Told me to call back tomorrow with the days i would be available and acted as if i was going to get the internship but made no formal offer. She didn't tell me when they were going to get back to me, but it seemed as if i had already had it. However, i have another interview with a different judge tomorrow. What do i do? I dont want to get an on the spot offer tomorrow if i already implicitly accepted the offer from the other place...advice?
you gotta do what's best for you. full speed ahead with just trying to get something. its a little late in the game to make a wrong move.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Question about Judicial Summer Internship

Post by kalvano » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm

It's an internship, not a clerkship. The odds of an exploding offer are low, and you can say you need a day. But don't dump an interview without knowing that you have something.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”