Advice for learning Securities Regulation in 1 week?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dclover22

Advice for learning Securities Regulation in 1 week?

Postby dclover22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Have the E&E. Have decent class notes. Any other advice?

MinEMorris

Re: Advice for learning Securities Regulation in 1 week?

Postby MinEMorris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm also interested, but am without the E&E and decent class notes.

johnnystrong

Postby johnnystrong » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 am

I found the E&E to be very useful. It didn't always track exactly what was covered in class (most of the sections went more in depth than my class had), but securities reg. is such a formulaic, rule-bound subject that it was useful to have a resource that really broke down the process into its component parts in a relatively chronological way (with respect to timing of offerings).

I ended up doing less outlining for securities than any other class I've taken so far. I felt pretty comfortable with the structure of the regulations /etc. from the E&E and ended up using an outline from the student bank for the most part. the E&E is good because it runs through all the different permutations that can affect what rules certain firms are subject to and when.

For the guy without the E&E or notes. I would recommend getting the E&E. I got mine used on Amazon for $2 or something so the cost isn't prohibitive. It will be of slightly less utility to you if you really have no clue what you covered in class but it tends (at least for my class) to be over rather than under-inclusive.

There may be better supplements. But that is the only one I used.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am

Good to know the E&E is helpful for structure stuff. I bought it a while ago and plan to use it :).

johnnystrong

Postby johnnystrong » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am

keg411 wrote:Good to know the E&E is helpful for structure stuff. I bought it a while ago and plan to use it :).
keg411 wrote:Good to know the E&E is helpful for structure stuff. I bought it a while ago and plan to use it :).

Well its obviously a small sample size. I tend to find E&E's very helpful. I did do well in the class though without having particularly good class attendance/ paying very much attention in class.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:28 am

I'd say step one is getting off TLS :lol:

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”