LOL MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Gorki

Silver

Re: LOL MPRE

Post by Gorki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:35 pm

1. "The photograph should not be larger than 2x2 inches" .. Trimming a 4x6 down to 2x2 might turn out weird... like just a huge pic of your face...

2. As to contingent fee Qs... remember that if the contingency is to a collections case, you can do it... So if mom hires you to get money in alimony that is owed by dad, but dad has never paid it, you CAN represent on contingency.. You CANNOT if you are hired by mom up front for the sole purpose of gaining the alimony or w/e.

3. As to unsolicited free legal advice, that sounds right to me. Otherwise every lawyer in the country would offer "free" door-knocking style advice, then incorporate that "free" consultation into the client's first paid visit. You can offer unsolicited free legal advice so long as it is free all along until the end of trial, and then you CAN accept money or something that the client insists you take if the gift is made at the client's volition and was not urged upon by you.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:02 pm

jackattack17 wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:
Lasers wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:Btw, just as a heads up that you need a passport-like photo that is printed on the day of the exam. I almost missed the requirement, but luckily I checked the ticket now.
i just got it done today. uploaded a headshot of myself to http://www.epassportphoto.com/, then uploaded that image to walgreens photo. printed it on a single 4x6 photo and picked it up for 22 cents later in the day. thankfully, it was totally painless.

as for the test, i've only done one barbri practice test so far and i haven't studied at all otherwise. still, unless the requirement is 38/50, i'm pretty confident i'll pass.
4X6? Pretty sure it needs to be between 1X1 and 2X2.
Yeah i think it's supposed to be smaller too. The space on the admission ticket is tiny and it must fit there.
if you upload your headshot to the website I linked, it will generate a couple 2x2 images onto a 4x6 sheet...then you print that 4x6 sheet at a photo shop and then cut out your 2x2 image...not too difficult.

courtneylove

Bronze

Post by courtneylove » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:05 pm

is there anywhere online we can print out a practice test? i can't do these questions on the computer; the light fucks with my eyes after focusing on the text for so long.

shepdawg

Bronze

Post by shepdawg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:08 pm

I recommend two full days of intense studying, so you don't have any regrets later. Sure, you'll probably score 30 points more than needed, but you'll feel good about it.

Rirruto

New

Post by Rirruto » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Last edited by Rirruto on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Stinson

Bronze

Post by Stinson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:32 pm

No time to slack guys. There was only one no-offer at my firm last year. When I asked why, partner just said, "He thought he needed the minimum to pass in all jurisdictions. We don't do minimums here." I'm glad we don't have any merely-minimally ethical people around, frankly.

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Lasers wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:Btw, just as a heads up that you need a passport-like photo that is printed on the day of the exam. I almost missed the requirement, but luckily I checked the ticket now.
i just got it done today. uploaded a headshot of myself to http://www.epassportphoto.com/, then uploaded that image to walgreens photo. printed it on a single 4x6 photo and picked it up for 22 cents later in the day. thankfully, it was totally painless.

as for the test, i've only done one barbri practice test so far and i haven't studied at all otherwise. still, unless the requirement is 38/50, i'm pretty confident i'll pass.
I just printed mine on regular printer paper. It fits all the requirements (size, face/shoulder, etc.).

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Stinson wrote:No time to slack guys. There was only one no-offer at my firm last year. When I asked why, partner just said, "He thought he needed the minimum to pass in all jurisdictions. We don't do minimums here." I'm glad we don't have any merely-minimally ethical people around, frankly.
:lol:

SKlei

New

Post by SKlei » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Is it a problem I keep getting like 5 questions in a row wrong on the barbri practice test....getting a little nervous now

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 pm

SKlei wrote:Is it a problem I keep getting like 5 questions in a row wrong on the barbri practice test....getting a little nervous now
hahaha, fuck this test.

i'm getting a ton wrong, too. i haven't studied much at all, so i'm a bit worried, though i'm gonna try and power through a couple practice tests today/tonight. i know all the rules generally, but the questions really delve into the rules and their exact phrasing.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:21 pm

okay.. MPRE in 12 hours.. just got home to study and haven't looked at anything yet.. also haven't taken PR... link me to where I should be studying?

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Hmmm....just hit 37/60 on one of the barbri tests. That's pretty bad.

LSAT Taker

Bronze

Post by LSAT Taker » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Hmmm....just hit 37/60 on one of the barbri tests. That's pretty bad.
Same. This is disconcerting because I did take PR, read the Barbri handout, and watch Barbri video. Also, I didn't finish the prep test well within 100 minutes like most of you did. I know it sounds silly, but I find it challenging to finish it in time. Although it is nothing new that my mind drifts, this is pretty bad.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:14 pm

i'm glad i'm not the only one getting so many wrong. the time is a non-factor for me; i've had plenty of time. i just don't think i read things close enough because i can't muster enough shits to care. also, some of these questions are needlessly tricky.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Anyone know if there are target scores for the barbri tests anywhere?

SKlei

New

Post by SKlei » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Are the barbri questions actual MPRE questions or barbri just makes them up? tomorrow should be interesting, heres to hoping i just get exactly what I need to pass.

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:45 pm

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

badaboom61

Bronze

Post by badaboom61 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Anyone know if there are target scores for the barbri tests anywhere?
The lecture dude said 32-38 out of 50 was a typical passing score, and 38 was almost certainly safe. So I guess cautiously aim for about a 46/60 on the practice tests, but several questions lower than that will probably get you there as well.

Are the barbri questions actual MPRE questions or barbri just makes them up? tomorrow should be interesting, heres to hoping i just get exactly what I need to pass.
I'm pretty sure they're making them up, since the MPRE doesn't release that many official practice questions. The official MPRE folks put out 17 sample questions, and they seem very similar to the barbri questions, so I think they're doing a fine job making them up. There's also an official 60 question practice test, but its like $35 or something outrageous.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 pm

badaboom61 wrote: The lecture dude said 32-38 out of 50 was a typical passing score, and 38 was almost certainly safe. So I guess cautiously aim for about a 46/60 on the practice tests, but several questions lower than that will probably get you there as well.
guess another 70 dollar donation is on the horizon.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:08 am

Best of luck everyone.

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 am

We can take our wallets into the exam room as long as they fit in our gallon sized ziplock bag, right? I am taking the exam on my law school campus and had planned on buying my textbooks after the test...thought I'd save a trip to my car and just go straight from the exam.

I've been scoring ok on my practice exams, but still not feeling very good about exam tomorrow. Despite the practice exams and watching the Chemerinsky lecture, I still feel like I'm guessing between 2 answers for more than half the exam. Anybody else feel like this?

Good luck to my fellow test takers tomorrow!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:03 am

I watched some Kaplan four hour lecture.. test in 8 hours.. should I just stop? Might work in MD anyway.. don't think I even need it there

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:36 am

thelibear wrote:We can take our wallets into the exam room as long as they fit in our gallon sized ziplock bag, right?
i think we should be able to.

just went to walgreens to grab some number 2 pencils and a sharpener, hah.

oddis1

New

Post by oddis1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:07 am

I honestly think this test is trickier than people are led to believe.

notedgarfigaro

Silver

Post by notedgarfigaro » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 am

it'd sure be nice if I could actually take this test seriously, instead of fucking around on TLS 2 hours before I have to be at the test center.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”