LOL MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Underoath

Bronze

Re: LOL MPRE

Post by Underoath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 pm

I failed the first time with an 84, studied the Friday before the exam for a good 8 hours I would say and passed with a 112.

I didn't study the first time and thought I could wing it because I did well in my Legal Pro class. MISTAKE! This forum is sometimes filled with either liars, people who are good test takers, and/or the majority I'm assuming who really come here seeking advice and answers.

TAKE THE TEST SERIOUSLY!!! If you study, there is no reason why you shouldn't pass.

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 pm

krishna_das wrote:
courtneylove wrote:after failing twice with light studying, i studied my ass off for a month leading up to this exam and scored a 115. i don't know how you guys can bs this thing and do so well... maybe i am just that unethical!
Or maybe some people are just lying, and have actually done more preparing for the MPRE than they're willing to admit. Nevertheless, congrats to you.

THIS TIMES 183737573873487456873634558694439483439845378438974839478364873672364276382

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Underoath wrote:I failed the first time with an 84, studied the Friday before the exam for a good 8 hours I would say and passed with a 112.

I didn't study the first time and thought I could wing it because I did well in my Legal Pro class. MISTAKE! This forum is sometimes filled with either liars, people who are good test takers, and/or the majority I'm assuming who really come here seeking advice and answers.

TAKE THE TEST SERIOUSLY!!! If you study, there is no reason why you shouldn't pass.
You failed "pass everywhere" by 2 points your first time without studying. So your conclusion is that it's really important to study? You are fucking retarded.

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:02 pm

LeDique wrote:
Underoath wrote:I failed the first time with an 84, studied the Friday before the exam for a good 8 hours I would say and passed with a 112.

You failed "pass everywhere" by 2 points your first time without studying. So your conclusion is that it's really important to study? You are fucking retarded.
No, you're fuckin retarded because had I studied I wouldn't have had to retake the test. That's the whole point of my post. People on here say "I DIDN'T STUDY AND PASSED WITH A 140". So it gives false hope to others who don't study and then fail like myself. Who cares how many points I failed by the first time? I STILL FAILED.
Last edited by Underoath on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Underoath wrote:
LeDique wrote:

No, you're fuckin retarded because had I studied I wouldn't have had to retake the test. That's the whole point of my post. People on here say "I DIDN'T STUDY AND PASSED WITH A 140". So it gives false hope to others who don't study and then fail like myself. Who cares how many points I failed by the first time. I STILL FAILED.
I challenge you to find a single person that said they got a 140 without studying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:06 pm

drmguy wrote:
Underoath wrote:
LeDique wrote:

No, you're fuckin retarded because had I studied I wouldn't have had to retake the test. That's the whole point of my post. People on here say "I DIDN'T STUDY AND PASSED WITH A 140". So it gives false hope to others who don't study and then fail like myself. Who cares how many points I failed by the first time. I STILL FAILED.
I challenge you to find a single person that said they got a 140 without studying.
That was an exaggeration, but there are people scoring in triple digits who don't study. (but like the other poster said, they could be LYING) Don't play dumb.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Underoath wrote:
LeDique wrote:

No, you're fuckin retarded because had I studied I wouldn't have had to retake the test. That's the whole point of my post. People on here say "I DIDN'T STUDY AND PASSED WITH A 140". So it gives false hope to others who don't study and then fail like myself. Who cares how many points I failed by the first time? I STILL FAILED.
Bro u didnt fail in over half of the jurisdictions tho. idk why you are so mad or accusing us of lying when your own experience shows how easy it is to pass.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:11 pm

A TTT student barely fails with literally no studying. That's all you gotta know about the MPRE.

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 pm

LeDique wrote:
Underoath wrote:
LeDique wrote:

Bro u didnt fail in over half of the jurisdictions tho. idk why you are so mad or accusing us of lying when your own experience shows how easy it is to pass.
I live in CA and will not move out of the state. So I failed in the jdx that I want to practice in. So for me it was a big deal. All I'm saying to people on here who go off false hope that the test is easy...IT IS EASY, IF YOU STUDY. In my Legal Pro class we did not learn about judicial conduct or conduct of prosecutors. So if one of my classmates goes into the exam and relies on the class they will fail most likely.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Underoath wrote:
I live in CA and will not move out of the state. So I failed in the jdx that I want to practice in. So for me it was a big deal. All I'm saying to people on here who go off false hope that the test is easy...IT IS EASY, IF YOU STUDY. In my Legal Pro class we did not learn about judicial conduct or conduct of prosecutors. So if one of my classmates goes into the exam and relies on the class they will fail most likely.
Easy is a subjective term. Honestly, I thought it was really tricky, but got a high score. I also studied way more than I should have. To some, easy means they barely pass without studying. To others, easy means getting a perfect score, regardless of the effort one puts in. If one fails this test because one doesn't study, it's on them. Not TLS. That being said, shit happens. Sometimes you study and it just doesn't work out. Just retake. Some people probably did get super high scores on 2 hours of studying, because it's a multiple choice test. These things tend to happen with multiple choice tests. Others possibly overthought despite studying, and didn't pass for the same reason. There are a smattering of no studies and a smattering of failed and studied on this board. Ultimately, it's up to the individual person to determine their best course. There's no need to get upset at people for sharing their anecdotal experiences just because those experiences are different than yours.

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:33 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Underoath wrote:
Easy is a subjective term. Honestly, I thought it was really tricky, but got a high score. I also studied way more than I should have. To some, easy means they barely pass without studying. To others, easy means getting a perfect score, regardless of the effort one puts in. If one fails this test because one doesn't study, it's on them. Not TLS. That being said, shit happens. Sometimes you study and it just doesn't work out. Just retake. Some people probably did get super high scores on 2 hours of studying, because it's a multiple choice test. These things tend to happen with multiple choice tests. Others possibly overthought despite studying, and didn't pass for the same reason. There are a smattering of no studies and a smattering of failed and studied on this board. Ultimately, it's up to the individual person to determine their best course. There's no need to get upset at people for sharing their anecdotal experiences just because those experiences are different than yours.
And you are sitting next to me to make the assessment that I am upset? Ok, fair enough. MY POINT WAS TO STUDY!!! MAN PEOPLE!!! LOL...simple as that...NEXT

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 am

For what it's worth, I got a 106 and I studied a fair amount (though I haven't taken ethics yet). I'd recommend most people do the same - the test can be tricky, and a few extra hours on the front end is well worth it to avoid having to do it all over again. I know TLS loves to beat its chest about how easy and carefree everything is after 1L, but I imagine the person who studies for this thing on the care ride over and pulls a 130 is the exception rather than the rule.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 am

It's objectively easy. To pass in all jxs is like 25th%tile

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:13 am

Question (probably a dumb one): I passed and had my score reported to CA, but apparently I needed to register with Cal Bar Examiners before taking? Maybe this should have been obvious, but I didn't do any research into MRPE beforehand. Anyone know if there some way I can cure my mistake?

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:58 am

Cade McNown wrote:Question (probably a dumb one): I passed and had my score reported to CA, but apparently I needed to register with Cal Bar Examiners before taking? Maybe this should have been obvious, but I didn't do any research into MRPE beforehand. Anyone know if there some way I can cure my mistake?
what? i passed it back in august but i didn't know we had to do that? we were supposed to register what where??

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:31 am

Lasers wrote:
Cade McNown wrote:Question (probably a dumb one): I passed and had my score reported to CA, but apparently I needed to register with Cal Bar Examiners before taking? Maybe this should have been obvious, but I didn't do any research into MRPE beforehand. Anyone know if there some way I can cure my mistake?
what? i passed it back in august but i didn't know we had to do that? we were supposed to register what where??
http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Examina ... ation.aspx
"Applicants may take the MPRE anytime after completing their first year of law school and after registering with the Committee of Bar Examiners (Committee), which must be done online through the Admissions’ portion of The State Bar of California’s website at admissions/calbar.ca.gov."
If you go to a California law school, you likely registered as a 1L. I go to UT. Neither my school nor my summer employer gave any indication that registration was a prerequisite for taking the MPRE. Surely someone has made my mistake before. . . If I find an answer on my own though, I'll post it ITT.

courtneylove

Bronze

Post by courtneylove » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 pm

this was discussed in another thread (i think the recent ca bar exam thread), and although the poster took the mpre before registering for the ca bar, their ca bar status page reflected their mpre requirement as completed. you can check here:
https://sbc.calbar.ca.gov/default.aspx

seems like that sequential requirement is not meant to be interpreted as mandatory.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:16 pm

courtneylove wrote:this was discussed in another thread (i think the recent ca bar exam thread), and although the poster took the mpre before registering for the ca bar, their ca bar status page reflected their mpre requirement as completed. you can check here:

seems like that sequential requirement is not meant to be interpreted as mandatory.
fuck. i just realized i actually registered in november of this year, after i took the MPRE (i never had to register in CA despite going to a CA school...) and my MPRE score isn't on there. i'll probably have to contact them or something to link it...?

courtneylove

Bronze

Post by courtneylove » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Lasers wrote: fuck. i just realized i actually registered in november of this year, after i took the MPRE (i never had to register in CA despite going to a CA school...) and my MPRE score isn't on there. i'll probably have to contact them or something to link it...?
results from the november administration of the mpre haven't been posted on the ca bar status page yet. if you took a past mpre, did you request the score be sent to cali? if you did and they aren't showing it, you should give them a call.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

courtneylove wrote:
Lasers wrote: fuck. i just realized i actually registered in november of this year, after i took the MPRE (i never had to register in CA despite going to a CA school...) and my MPRE score isn't on there. i'll probably have to contact them or something to link it...?
results from the november administration of the mpre haven't been posted on the ca bar status page yet. if you took a past mpre, did you request the score be sent to cali? if you did and they aren't showing it, you should give them a call.
yeah, i passed the mpre in august. i did request the score be sent to CA. i remember i took a screencap of my MPRE score/ID number or whatever so i'm hoping the fix is as simple as giving them a call and providing my info.

EZ as AsDf

New

Post by EZ as AsDf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Fuck the bullshit man, story for the exam. Read through the topics that are tested and make sure you can answer a question or two about em. Here's the subject matter outline.

http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... utline.pdf

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 pm

courtneylove wrote:this was discussed in another thread (i think the recent ca bar exam thread), and although the poster took the mpre before registering for the ca bar, their ca bar status page reflected their mpre requirement as completed. you can check here:

Thanks for the link.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Cade McNown wrote:

Thanks for the link.
My link does not say that I have passed the MPRE does yours?

bruinfan10

Silver

Post by bruinfan10 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 pm

rad lulz wrote:It's objectively easy. To pass in all jxs is like 25th%tile
i just watched the free barbri video by the annoying chicago guy and got like a 115. a lot of my friends did the same. i agree that it's objectively easy.

RoseAberlone

New

Post by RoseAberlone » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:34 am

Anyone know where I can find practice MPRE questions free online? PR final is basically a mini-MPRE. Any help would be much appreciated!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”