LOL MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Sinra

Bronze

Re: If you've taken the MPRE...

Post by Sinra » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:05 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Sinra wrote:I couldn't find any way to cancel my registration--NBD if I just didn't show right? I couldn't find a cancel link anywhere. :?: I am going to take it in November instead. You don't like get a zero or anything ?
I likewise just didn't show for my first scheduled session (saw no cancel option). I don't remember getting a zero, took it later, and passed - don't recall any record of the first no show.

Thanks! So stupid that they don't give you a cancel option. Looked for it for 20 minutes and then went with no-show option instead.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:48 pm

keg411 wrote:Agreed with romo and rad that I felt like that was pretty cruddy (not to mention that my test center was a disorganized shitshow, which is why I'm not home until now, and I was done way early and only left because the proctor told me I looked sick). And I don't even know what I need to pass.

ETA: 85 for NY, but only 75 for NJ :D.
You don't even need to the take the MPRE for NJ if you take an ethics class. You just need a C (!!!) in Professional Responsibility. NJ = joke bar (and I'm taking it).

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm with everyone else ITT. I feel like I did pretty crappy but I'm hoping to be saved by the low bar (although I need an 85). Overall, I thought I was clearly on pace to pass, then I hit question 40 and it seemed like I was making educated/not-educated guesses from there on out. Bleh.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I took it in November and thought I failed. I'm sure I posted that I failed in one of the old threads around here. They seem to delight in testing the exceptions or the exceptions to the exceptions rather than the basic stuff we are more likely to actually encounter. I ended up in the 130s...I sort of watched the BarBri video (alternating between that and the Internet) and took two BarBri practice tests. I had not taken PR (actually I think it is easier to do it when you haven't taken PR). I was uncertain about the answer to about half the questions. Someone on here posted that s/he was in a car accident the day before so didn't get to study and then was on morphine during the test but got a 145 or something like that...probably the highest score of anyone who took the test haha.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:I took it in November and thought I failed. I'm sure I posted that I failed in one of the old threads around here. They seem to delight in testing the exceptions or the exceptions to the exceptions rather than the basic stuff we are more likely to actually encounter. I ended up in the 130s...I sort of watched the BarBri video (alternating between that and the Internet) and took two BarBri practice tests. I had not taken PR (actually I think it is easier to do it when you haven't taken PR). I was uncertain about the answer to about half the questions. Someone on here posted that s/he was in a car accident the day before so didn't get to study and then was on morphine during the test but got a 145 or something like that...probably the highest score of anyone who took the test haha.
The highest score was probably 150

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfhaze

Bronze

Post by sfhaze » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:56 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:Someone on here posted that s/he was in a car accident the day before so didn't get to study and then was on morphine during the test but got a 145 or something like that...probably the highest score of anyone who took the test haha.
You must be referring to this:
somewhatwayward wrote:
Dignan wrote:I did not study for the exam at all. In fact, I did not (and still do not) know what the acronym "MPRE" stands for. The night before the exam, I was in a major car accident. I suffered multiple compound fractures. I took the exam heavily sedated, with a morphine drip. About 40 minutes into the exam, I literally passed our for about an hour. I awoke and was able to complete a few more questions, but I still had 25 unanswered questions with five minutes to go. I just bubbled in "C" for the rest.

I got a 147.
Wow, that is crazy!
You really took that seriously? The poster claims to have blindly guessed for nearly half the questions :!: . That's either pure bullshit, wild exaggeration, joke, grading error, or, combo thereof.

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 am

Agree. That story was total crap.

It's totally possible to fail. My good friend passed the bar first try, the MPRE the third.

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am

Stinson wrote:
waxecstatic wrote:I endured probably one of the most disastrous administrations of a standardized test that I could ever imagine. We were seated at about 8:15 AM, all checked in and ready to roll. At about 8:30 the room was full, and everyone was registered but apparently we couldn't start until other classrooms were ready. The proctor said there was a line out the door with people, some of whom presumably couldn't get there before 8:30 AM, and that we had to wait for all of them to be registered. After about an hour of absolute nothingness, the two proctors went around to check everyone's admissions ticket and do a seating chart. Oh, and btw, this entire time, no one was allowed to leave the room. We couldn't leave the room until after the test started. We didn't get to break the seal on the question book until about 10:15, 2 hours after we were registered. And at that point, about 50 hands went up for people who needed to go to the bathroom. And apparently you can't write the time on the board....ugh.
Northeastern?
Haha, bingo!

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:42 pm

I failed the first time I took the MPRE last November.

Didn't watch any lectures and did no practice question.

This time around, i watched the Barbri lecture and did two practice tests.

Hopefully I can squeak out a pass this way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:Also curious. Next exam is right in the middle of when I'm going on my bar trip. I would be piiiissed if I had to cancel.
This is concerning me more and more. I'm really concerned that I failed. I can't just not take the August one and opt for November, it would look bad to the firm. But I also don't want to have to cancel my two week bar trip to take the fucking MPRE again.

sfhaze

Bronze

Post by sfhaze » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:47 pm

romothesavior wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Also curious. Next exam is right in the middle of when I'm going on my bar trip. I would be piiiissed if I had to cancel.
This is concerning me more and more. I'm really concerned that I failed. I can't just not take the August one and opt for November, it would look bad to the firm. But I also don't want to have to cancel my two week bar trip to take the fucking MPRE again.
It's concerning. Bottom line is there's nothing you can do about it now. Just take comfort from the fact you need a relatively low score, you actually studied some, and that most people walk out of the thing thinking they 'failed' it, yet majority of takers pass. Chances are you passed. If unluckily you didn't, you can deal with that when you have to.

Stinson

Bronze

Post by Stinson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Not meaning to necro (or make anyone worry!) but if anyone was curious the NCBE site now says scores will be released on the site on May 7.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Stinson wrote:Not meaning to necro (or make anyone worry!) but if anyone was curious the NCBE site now says scores will be released on the site on May 7.
Sweet

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Stinson wrote:Not meaning to necro (or make anyone worry!) but if anyone was curious the NCBE site now says scores will be released on the site on May 7.
Gracias, useful info = not a necro

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:40 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Same concern here. Although, how bad would it actually look to a firm? Does anyone REALLY care? In NY, you don't even get sworn in until like December anyway. Right? (Trying to justify not changing my bar trip)

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 am

tfer2222 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Same concern here. Although, how bad would it actually look to a firm? Does anyone REALLY care? In NY, you don't even get sworn in until like December anyway. Right? (Trying to justify not changing my bar trip)
Try May/June/July/August of the following year. It takes forever to be sworn in for NYC because you don't even do C&F until after the Bar Exam.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu May 02, 2013 9:03 am

Not really possible to take a two or three week vacation in your first year of work.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:10 am

romothesavior wrote:Not really possible to take a two or three week vacation in your first year of work.
Wut. Who suggested that

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 am

tfer2222 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Not really possible to take a two or three week vacation in your first year of work.
Wut. Who suggested that
Oh sorry misunderstood Keg.

That's not an option for me though because my state swears in in November/early December.

Kobe824

New

Post by Kobe824 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:16 am

Scores are out. Well, that curve was generous.

hds2388

Bronze

Post by hds2388 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 am

102 with minimal studying. Thanks curve!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cpajd

New

Post by cpajd » Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am

Just like many have said, how you feel leaving the test is usually not a good guide on how the score will turn out. Thought I totally crapped it up... score 123.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 am

Lol 107

Stinson

Bronze

Post by Stinson » Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 am

130 from about a week with the Barbri book. Had no PR course though.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:51 am

105. don't have to change bar trip or worry anymore. hooray.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”