MPRE Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
DwightSchruteFarms

MPRE Question

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:50 pm

So I'm taking the MPRE and I was wondering if anyone found the Professional Responsibility Q&A overly in-depth and detailed? I did the questions that the MPRE site released and I did really well on that. However, I can't seem to score above a 50% on the Q&A multiple choice sections. The q's are incredibly detailed oriented and turn on the most minute facts. Also, many of the questions fall on topics that the Chemerinsky lecture did not cover. Thanks!

Bikeflip

Re: MPRE Question

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:25 pm

The MPRE is more detailed than people give it credit for, but you don't need a 90% to pass.

Scoring on the MPRE: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=166105

Also, BarMax's outline is nice and brief: http://getbarmax.com/barmax-mpre/

DwightSchruteFarms

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Thank you so so much for the links!

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:27 pm

The thing that helped me the most was to read through the answers for each question and understand why each choice was either right or wrong. I did this for all questions, whether I picked the right answer or the wrong one.

To get a passing score (86 is the highest needed for any state), I think you only need to get just over half the questions right. So study for it, but don't let yourself freak out.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:26 am

I recently took a practice exam for the MPRE, and I definitely agree that in some questions, the stimulus is rather lengthy and complicated, but what's more frustrating can be the answer choices. Sometimes I feel as though no answer is truly accurate, and that you have to choose between two answers, one of which is merely more correct than the other.

Stinson

Postby Stinson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:36 am

I'm getting the hang of the questions, but can I just say this test is fucking irritating?

A. Yes, because it is.
B. Yes, also because it is but for a slightly different reason.
C. No, because impugning the MPRE is unethical.
D. No, because same as above, but with something added to it.

DwightSchruteFarms

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 pm

No "All of the above" choice? Haha.

Scored a 38/60 on Barbri PT 1. Note for anyone who stands by the Chemerinsky Barbri Lecture: It contains in no way even remotely close to enough information to get you a passing grade. He doesn't cover referrals, operating legal/non-legal businesses, and some other very important concepts. If anyone is hellbent on listening to it, they should probably go through the lecture at the start of the week (Sunday/Monday) and use the Barbri PTs and outlines religiously afterwards.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm

On the BarBri tests, I'm surprised at the frequency of questions related to what judges can and cannot do. On the last PT I took, there were probably 10, some of which having to do with being on organizations or political appointments, shit you would never get to unless you studied well in advance, and stuff I never did in my PR course.

DwightSchruteFarms

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:26 pm

G'luck tomorrow everyone! I'm sure we'll all kill it!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”