Study Abroad direct with Foreign Univ.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kickincane21

Study Abroad direct with Foreign Univ.

Postby kickincane21 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

So I am currently a 2L interested in doing a study abroad next near for a semester but don't want to do one of the ones my university offers. Has anyone been on a study abroad where they applied directly with the foreign university? Specifically interested in any London/UK schools that would accept US students.

I think internationally our JD is equivalent to their LLB which is an undergraduate degree, not a graduate degree, since their postgraduate degree is the LLM. Does anyone know whether I should sign up for undergraduate or postgraduate classes at the foreign university? I will obviously check with my school in the end, just didn't know if anyone had first hand experience.

kickincane21

Re: Study Abroad direct with Foreign Univ.

Postby kickincane21 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 am

Anyone?

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 am

Do you have a job?

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:23 am

Not really sure what you're asking. The London unis have a set curriculum for each year (except usually third year, when you can choose a couple of electives), and what you'll be taking is very similar to the subjects you learned in 1L. Because the JD is our first law degree, you would take LLB courses at the London school. The LLM, while a graduate degree, is a second-level law degree (unless you're doing a double-degree program, of course). Again, I don't really understand what you want to know.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”