Texas Bar App Questions

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Texas Bar App Questions

Postby wired » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Out of state student applying for Texas bar. Anyone know if I need to file a continuation form for the Certificate of J.D.? My gut says no, but my brain has started second guessing.

Also, they send you FBI fingerprint cards AFTER you submit the app -- I don't need to submit them with the app. Right?

Re: Texas Bar App Questions

Postby kalvano » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 pm

According to the website:

"Certification of Juris Doctorate: Complete the top portion of the attached Certification of Juris Doctorate Degree form (Error! Bookmark not defined.), and mail it to the dean or registrar of your law school. Please arrange to have your dean or registrar complete and send the form directly to the Board of Law Examiners. If you are a TBE applicant, you will not receive an admission ticket to the exam until we have received this original, completed form from your law school, verifying that you have met the law study requirement. If you are an AWOX applicant, you will not be licensed until we have received this form. Faxed copies are not acceptable."

Continuation forms are for the application, if you need to provide additional information.

You must complete a paper fingerprint card. Your licensure analyst will automatically send you a paper card once your General Application is received in our office, and you will have thirty (30) days to complete the card and return it to our office."

This is what you're using, right?

Also, if you have questions, call the main number, they are really helpful. I've had to call a few times.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”