Barbri early start paced program questions Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AntiHuman

Bronze

Barbri early start paced program questions

Post by AntiHuman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 pm

I currently paid my full tuition and they currently have a early start program. I am trying to figure out what to study before the bar prep course starts in May. People have told me to just focus on the MBE subjects and no 2L/3L classes. I had horrible law school grades and might need to review early. I did some of the AMP's and found them a waste of time and decided not to do anymore.

Should I stick to their schedule of Conviser Mini Review, watch lectures/take notes, and do practice MBE's? Part of me wants to read the long outlines they provide(Multistate book), but many people have told me that isn't necessary.

truevines

Bronze

Re: Barbri early start paced program questions

Post by truevines » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

AntiHuman wrote:I currently paid my full tuition and they currently have a early start program. I am trying to figure out what to study before the bar prep course starts in May. People have told me to just focus on the MBE subjects and no 2L/3L classes. I had horrible law school grades and might need to review early. I did some of the AMP's and found them a waste of time and decided not to do anymore.

Should I stick to their schedule of Conviser Mini Review, watch lectures/take notes, and do practice MBE's? Part of me wants to read the long outlines they provide(Multistate book), but many people have told me that isn't necessary.

Convisor Mini Review is more than enough. I used CMR and the lecture notes only and got 154/200 on Barbri's midterm.

AntiHuman

Bronze

Re: Barbri early start paced program questions

Post by AntiHuman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

truevines wrote:
AntiHuman wrote:I currently paid my full tuition and they currently have a early start program. I am trying to figure out what to study before the bar prep course starts in May. People have told me to just focus on the MBE subjects and no 2L/3L classes. I had horrible law school grades and might need to review early. I did some of the AMP's and found them a waste of time and decided not to do anymore.

Convisor Mini Review is more than enough. I used CMR and the lecture notes only and got 154/200 on Barbri's midterm.
I actually fooled around in law school and don't remember much material from any of the multistate subjects and I kind of want to go through the long outlines to get a full overview, but many of my teachers told me to just strictly follow Barbri's early paced and paced schedules(which in this case is AMP...which I'm gonna skip cause it sucks, conviser mini review, lecture notes, and practice MBE's).

Just focus on MBE subjects till the course starts? I actually have lots of free time...trying to find employment, but not really attending classes and I have an easy class schedule...but maybe focusing on MBE alone is enough.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”