Property Supplement (specifically on future interests)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sd5289

Property Supplement (specifically on future interests)

Postby sd5289 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 pm

I nearly pulled my hair out during this lovely section of Property, and while I'm good on adverse possession, Fair Housing Act, marital property, etc., I did get lost more than once on who has an interest in Blackacre right now, what that interest is, and who has a future interest after A dies, etc. I'll be cracking into an E&E to tackle it this weekend, but does does anyone have some trusted supplement they've used or another source that breaks it down comprehensively? Or is the E&E sufficient?

gtz

Re: Property Supplement (specifically on future interests)

Postby gtz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm

I used the Cali lessons really cleared it up for me. Good luck

ltp93

Postby ltp93 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Pro ... g+property

This has been very helpful so far.

Best of luck.

InRemington

Postby InRemington » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Estates-Land-Futu ... 0735576653

I think this is a great sup for future interests. I did each of the problems in this book over and over and aced property. I did have previous experience in real estate but used the chart in the back to make my own flow chart.....it helped.

skw

Postby skw » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:26 pm

sd5289 wrote:I nearly pulled my hair out during this lovely section of Property, and while I'm good on adverse possession, Fair Housing Act, marital property, etc., I did get lost more than once on who has an interest in Blackacre right now, what that interest is, and who has a future interest after A dies, etc. I'll be cracking into an E&E to tackle it this weekend, but does does anyone have some trusted supplement they've used or another source that breaks it down comprehensively? Or is the E&E sufficient?

I have a PPT we used last year with a bunch of FI problems and answers. I believe it also has rule of perpetuities stuff. This plus E&E plus Cali helped me book property. Of the 3 I think the PPT was most helpful. PM me and I will send it to you. You may not need to spend $ if that does it for you. I freaking detest FI. It literally made me shudder thinking about it. And I just realized I will have to relearn that crap for the bar. Sigh. Maybe it is easier the second time around.

Kage3212

Postby Kage3212 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I know there is a property file on these forums that has a bunch of property docs in it....one including Paula's "A short and happy guide to property. I skimmed through it and it seems like it is straight forward and helpful. If you cant find, PM me and I'll hook you up with the file.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”