E&E's for bar prep?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BCLS

E&E's for bar prep?

Postby BCLS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 am

Hi guys,

Question-- there are a ton of courses I haven't taken in law school (bankruptcy, commercial paper, agency, secured,, Commercial Paper, Conflict of corporations, equity, federal jurisdiction, partnerships, suretyship, trusts, wills) that will be on the bar exam I will be taking this summer. I was wondering if I should purchase the E&E's for these courses and read up before I begin my prep. Any advice? Do a lot of people have to learn this many topics?

TooOld4This

Re: E&E's for bar prep?

Postby TooOld4This » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am

No, no, no.

Chose a test prep company and study what they tell you. The law you need to learn is the law as your state's bar examiners see it. Not as a horn book teaches.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 am

TooOld4This wrote:No, no, no.

Chose a test prep company and study what they tell you. The law you need to learn is the law as your state's bar examiners see it. Not as a horn book teaches.

Thank god. I really didn't want to do that.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 am

Am I at a huge disadvantage since I didn't take these courses?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

BCLS wrote:Am I at a huge disadvantage since I didn't take these courses?

No. I didn't take anything related to Agency/Partnership/Corporations, Secured Transactions/Sales/Negotiable Instruments, Family Law, Conflicts of Law, or Wills & Trusts in law school. And I passed handily. Yes, subjects I'd taken courses in - like Evidence - were easier to learn, but you don't really need to learn very much of any one subject, and there's enough stuff you have already taken (all the 1L courses) that you'll be fine.

(Although.... how is federal jurisdiction different from civil procedure, and how did you not take it in law school?? And is conflict of corporations really a bar topic or do you mean conflict of laws?)

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:08 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
BCLS wrote:Am I at a huge disadvantage since I didn't take these courses?

No. I didn't take anything related to Agency/Partnership/Corporations, Secured Transactions/Sales/Negotiable Instruments, Family Law, Conflicts of Law, or Wills & Trusts in law school. And I passed handily. Yes, subjects I'd taken courses in - like Evidence - were easier to learn, but you don't really need to learn very much of any one subject, and there's enough stuff you have already taken (all the 1L courses) that you'll be fine.

(Although.... how is federal jurisdiction different from civil procedure, and how did you not take it in law school?? And is conflict of corporations really a bar topic or do you mean conflict of laws?)

haha sorry I meant conflict of laws. Thanks so much this is really reassuring.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”