Getting a prereq waived

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TheFutureLawyer

Getting a prereq waived

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Posted in the 2L thread, but no response...

I've just planned out my (hopeful) classes for the rest of my time at law school. Except one class that I want to take this fall has a required prerequisite which I haven't taken (plan is actually to take them at the same time).

What's the way to go about trying to get the required prerequisite waived? Go to a counselor first? Email the professor? Anyone have experience with this (is it usually a no-go, or what)?

It's a class in my field, and the fall would be my last opportunity to take it (it's a brand new course, otherwise I would have planned to take the prerequisite already).

Thanks

Re: Getting a prereq waived

Postby 09042014 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 pm

TheFutureLawyer wrote:Posted in the 2L thread, but no response...

I've just planned out my (hopeful) classes for the rest of my time at law school. Except one class that I want to take this fall has a required prerequisite which I haven't taken (plan is actually to take them at the same time).

What's the way to go about trying to get the required prerequisite waived? Go to a counselor first? Email the professor? Anyone have experience with this (is it usually a no-go, or what)?

It's a class in my field, and the fall would be my last opportunity to take it (it's a brand new course, otherwise I would have planned to take the prerequisite already).

Thanks

I'm sure you have deans right? Just ask.

laxbrah420

Re: Getting a prereq waived

Postby laxbrah420 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Probably read the aspen student treatise on the subject if available and if not the e and e. then approach the professor and tell them you already know everything about the prereq. Also professors usually waive prereqs. Not deans.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”