Best supplement for Property Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
waxecstatic

Bronze

Best supplement for Property

Post by waxecstatic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Currently taking Property and find the textbook to be way too voluminous in conveying the concepts and formulas I would have to use on an exam. Does anyone have any suggestions for a supplement?

phillyboy101

New

Re: Best supplement for Property

Post by phillyboy101 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm

im finding singer the best, sprankling seems good too. e&e not great

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 pm

sprankle dankle dingdong

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Understanding Property.

justinp

Bronze

Post by justinp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 am

I thought that Gilbert's was actually quite good as far as the blackletter rules go. Doesn't really have much policy stuff aside from your basic Coase theorem stuff, but that's not really the hard part of property.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

echooo23

Bronze

Post by echooo23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 am

For learning the concepts and drills: A Student's Guide to Estates in Land and Future Interests. They don't sell it on Amazon anymore, but you can still get it from Lexis (http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog ... odId=10620). This was my bible last semester, since our final was like 80% future interest.

SammyJ

New

Post by SammyJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Dukeminier casebook? Emanuel's (keyed to Dukeminier) is the way to go. It's pretty much a clear summary of the main text and notes. Gilbert's was great as well.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 pm

I have E&E, Understanding, Emanuels, and Siegels problems :lol: .
I like the E&E by the far the most, Understanding the next best, and Emanuels the least even though it's geared to my text. I really don't know why I bought any though. Siegels and Q&A would be good enough. The Lexis free capsule summaries are good enough to supplement the super easy material, and beyond that, there's free treatises on Lexis that are just as good as the Understanding book. The material is so dry that I think examples are way more useful. Looking up self-help in Understanding Property and seeing that it's discouraged, doesn't really make me understand it more than just reading Berg v. Wiley --but seeing the examples play out in the E&E is real nice.

SammyJ

New

Post by SammyJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:I have E&E, Understanding, Emanuels, and Siegels problems :lol: .
I like the E&E by the far the most, Understanding the next best, and Emanuels the least even though it's geared to my text. I really don't know why I bought any though. Siegels and Q&A would be good enough. The Lexis free capsule summaries are good enough to supplement the super easy material, and beyond that, there's free treatises on Lexis that are just as good as the Understanding book. The material is so dry that I think examples are way more useful. Looking up self-help in Understanding Property and seeing that it's discouraged, doesn't really make me understand it more than just reading Berg v. Wiley --but seeing the examples play out in the E&E is real nice.
Yea, I would agree that the material in property really isn't that difficult (esp compared to classes like con law and civ pro) and that the E&E is helpful with applying the law to hypos. You can say that for a bunch of classes, though. I like Emanuel's for property because it is a really solid summary of the casebook and is very clear. If you're like me and only want a short summary of the cases and notes (not to mention some great exam tips), I would go with Emanuel's.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Geaux12

Bronze

Post by Geaux12 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:58 pm

I've purchased the E&E, Understanding, and a workbook on Estates & Future Interests (because I'm shit at remembering acronyms).

Haven't even cracked them yet. That starts next week :lol:

I'm hoping the E&E is legit. Glannon's is spoiling me.

marlborofillet

New

Post by marlborofillet » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 pm

A Possessory Estates and Future Interests Primer has been good to me thus far. But, its scope is limited.

el William

New

Post by el William » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 pm

I was having a really hard time in Property until I got the Emanuel Law outline for property. I got the older edition for about 3 bucks and it has been a god-send.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:41 pm

phillyboy101 wrote:im finding singer the best, sprankling seems good too. e&e not great
meh

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MauriceGains

New

Post by MauriceGains » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 pm

E&E has made everything easy so far, other than the RAP. That was clarified for me in the CSWS thread. :)

Seminole_305

New

Post by Seminole_305 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Understanding Property for the win.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”