Need to choose, help Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

What to keep

Conlict of Laws
29%
Estates and Trusts
29%
Corporations
43%

Total votes: 7

northwood

Platinum

Need to choose, help

Post by northwood » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Pick one of these classes. Keep in mind I am in a seminar writing class ( 30 page paper), a mandatory litigation writing class ( another time traplike LRW) and have papers in two other classes, both 6 pages long ( one paper per class) in addition to finals. I need to be at 15 credits. right and need to drop 2 of these classes by tomorrow am.

Should I keep Estates and Trusts, which has only 50 pages of reading a week, a bunch of research assignments ( of undetermined length), has an open note final, as well as extra credit assignments at will boost your final grade up a level ( i.e from B- to B).

Or should I keep Conflict of laws ( bar material), only has about 20 pages of reading per week, but the final exam is closed book clolsed note. The nature of this class is like the commentary in Erie ( when the Court is determining what law to implement and why- and I LOATHED Erie)

or shoudl I Keep Corporatis. Another possible bar course. Havent gone to the class, but from what ive heard theres only 40 pages of reading a week, have to turn in 2 made up multiple choice questions. Final Exam is 100% multiple choice- am not sure if its open or closed book yet ( havent gone to class yet so i have no clue).

keg411

Platinum

Re: Need to choose, help

Post by keg411 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

T&E is a bar class too and sounds like the easiest of the three. So just do that. If you had actually been to Corporations, I'd say do that; but it's really a tossup between those two. I don't think Conflict of Laws is a bar class, but I could be wrong. Either way, meh, it sounds awful.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm

It may depend on your state, but mine is a UBE state, and for the UBE, Conflict of Laws is a bar class. It's also such a horrible and tedious subject, I can't imagine having to sit through an entire semester of it. The Barbri material was enough to make me want to stick my head in the oven.

But then, T&E and Corps are bar classes, too, so whichever you take, you have a bar subject covered. I would say either of those (probably T&E, depending on what you want to do post-LS).

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:It may depend on your state, but mine is a UBE state, and for the UBE, Conflict of Laws is a bar class. It's also such a horrible and tedious subject, I can't imagine having to sit through an entire semester of it. The Barbri material was enough to make me want to stick my head in the oven.
From what I remember, northwood goes to school in NY, which is MBE.

IrwinM.Fletcher

Silver

Post by IrwinM.Fletcher » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Are any of them uncurved?

That would be a major difference maker for this guy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:49 pm

keg411 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:It may depend on your state, but mine is a UBE state, and for the UBE, Conflict of Laws is a bar class. It's also such a horrible and tedious subject, I can't imagine having to sit through an entire semester of it. The Barbri material was enough to make me want to stick my head in the oven.
Sorry, I was unclear. The UBE includes MBE - it just doesn't include state specific law. But it also seems NY tests on Conflict of Laws.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

all are curved... ended up in corporations because E&T is going to be a ton of writing, and Conflict of laws is closed book, closed notes pure essay. Id rather take it right before the bar because it sounds like civ. pro on steroids, and i already forgot all that i learned from civ. pro( and im going to take it P/F)- but you cnat make that decision after you go to class.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Sorry, I was unclear. The UBE includes MBE - it just doesn't include state specific law. But it also seems NY tests on Conflict of Laws.
Yeah, except I think they test it state-specific so there's no use for the class (insert joke about there being no use for any law school class :lol:).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”