Anyone exporting and saving forms from Westlaw?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LAWYER2

Anyone exporting and saving forms from Westlaw?

Postby LAWYER2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm a 3L whose westlaw/lexisnexis subscription will run out this year. I would like to take advantage of it while I still have it. Has anyone downloaded batches of forms, cases & statutory material? I know there is a cap on the amount of data, but I was told that if you save it to your research history you'll always have access to it. Any input?

Drake014

Re: Anyone exporting and saving forms from Westlaw?

Postby Drake014 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:I'm a 3L whose westlaw/lexisnexis subscription will run out this year. I would like to take advantage of it while I still have it. Has anyone downloaded batches of forms, cases & statutory material? I know there is a cap on the amount of data, but I was told that if you save it to your research history you'll always have access to it. Any input?

Why do you need to do this?

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Drake014 wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:I'm a 3L whose westlaw/lexisnexis subscription will run out this year. I would like to take advantage of it while I still have it. Has anyone downloaded batches of forms, cases & statutory material? I know there is a cap on the amount of data, but I was told that if you save it to your research history you'll always have access to it. Any input?

Aww, I forgot, I plan to go into solo-practice after school. However, still seems like it would be worth it even if working for a smaller firm that does not have unlimited access.

Atticus235

Postby Atticus235 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

Aww, I forgot, I plan to go into solo-practice after school. However, still seems like it would be worth it even if working for a smaller firm that does not have unlimited access.

Have you taken a Professional Responsibility course? You might want to check the Westlaw or LexisNexis user agreements. You might lose your access rights and then you're screwed!!!

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Atticus235 wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

Have you taken a Professional Responsibility course? You might want to check the Westlaw or LexisNexis user agreements. You might lose your access rights and then you're screwed!!!

Yea good point. Probably not worth it. . . . and thanks for signing up to TLS just to tell me that too :wink:

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”