Anyone taking the Feb bar in Buffalo want to share a room??

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tx1987

Anyone taking the Feb bar in Buffalo want to share a room??

Postby tx1987 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 am

Hi there! I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I'm realizing that just the travel back and forth from Manhattan to Buffalo to take the bar is going to cost me around $600!!! What??? Does anyone want to share a hotel room with me from 2/24-2/26? Let me know ASAP! Or, if anyone can recommend cheaper accommodations close to the testing center, please let me know!

mg1185

Re: Anyone taking the Feb bar in Buffalo want to share a room??

Postby mg1185 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 pm

tx1987 wrote:Hi there! I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I'm realizing that just the travel back and forth from Manhattan to Buffalo to take the bar is going to cost me around $600!!! What??? Does anyone want to share a hotel room with me from 2/24-2/26? Let me know ASAP! Or, if anyone can recommend cheaper accommodations close to the testing center, please let me know!

Check out Super 8 in Kenmore. It's very basic, but inexpensive, clean and safe. I live in Buffalo and had to stay at Super 8 for a few weeks when my furnace died mid-winter. Right now, for the dates you're looking at, you can book a room for only $39.06/night.

How are you getting here? Megabus has decent rates and will bring you either to the airport or into downtown- both a decent distance away from this motel, but you can catch a bus most of the way there and then take a cab the rest of the way. Tickets for Megabus are around $40 each way. And our public transportation is pretty decent, you can usually get where you need to go by bus. If not, cabs are a fairly inexpensive option.

Between the motel and transportation here, if you use the above options, your expenses are only about $200. Then add in maybe another $50 if you want to take a cab anywhere. Food nearby the motel is cheap and decent- you'd be down the road from a 24 hr diner, McDonalds, Burger King, 7-11, etc. All within a reasonable walking distance, or a cheap cab ride.

Hope this helps- if you need any other info, let me know!

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Why'd they stick you in Buffalo!?

tx1987

Postby tx1987 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm

At the time I applied to take the bar, I wasn't living in Manhattan yet and if you don't actually reside in Manhattan at the time you apply, they assign you to Buffalo or Albany. Boo.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”