Is it douchey to link to your published note on Facebook? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BullShitWithBravado

Bronze

Re: Is it douchey to link to your published note on Facebook?

Post by BullShitWithBravado » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:21 am

I can't believe you haven't linked your note to this thread yet.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am

somewhatwayward wrote:You have been pretty vocal on this website about how ridiculous you think law school grades are and I bet if someone else asked about putting their grades n fb, you would give them the slapdown, so why is this any different?
Grades are different...I don't know why. I've never seen anyone actually post grades. It's a little too nerdy. Maybe it's just because they don't have very much practical value and are strictly and solely an academic evaluation in and of itself, instead of an actual work product you created.

But I have seen people post scholarly articles they have written (like friends in PhD programs) or friends in journalism that link to their articles. Or friends who are photographers that have countless albums of their photos. Including one photographer friend who has won a couple of awards for her stuff, and posted the photo along with a link to the award.

Just because you want to share something with your friends doesn't mean you're some insecure braggart trolling for cheap praise. I think normal people generally share their accomplishments with each other. Which is what makes the law school attitude kind of perplexing. It doesn't last, though. My attorney friends post when they get a case dismissed, etc.

I'm not listening to kapital, though. I just e-mailed it to my core group of friends/family and left it at that.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:45 am

Dany wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:To anyone who would be offended by this: get over it.
Who said this would be offensive?
By saying OP would be a douche to post his note or a citation, you are saying that you or some other unidentified people would take offense to it. Otherwise, OP would not be a douche.

I am saying that people should allow other people to post their accomplishments on facebook without getting uptight about it. I wouldn't personally post my note citation on facebook because I know nobody gives a shit about it, but if that's what OP wants to do, it's not douchey.

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 am

Shit man, y'all are really overthinking this.

exitoptions

Bronze

Post by exitoptions » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 am

Hey guys, is it OK if I post pics of me making out with this real live woman? I didn't pay her, if that's relevant.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”