How to study early for July 2013 Bar?(Using Barbri)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AntiHuman

How to study early for July 2013 Bar?(Using Barbri)

Postby AntiHuman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:10 pm

I currently paid my full tuition for Barbri and have access to their early start program. However, they only give materials for the MBE subjects(although the materials are really good). They said I must wait till the actual course starts in May to get access to everything else. How can I study 2L/3L subjects and other courses like Professional Responsibility and Civil Procedure(also study how my state differs)? Should I use the big Barbri outlines in the blue books? I hear those are catered for law students though and not for bar exam study?

If someone has a schedule or something on how to study up until the actual course starts, please let me know. I am a horrible test taker in the bottom 10 or 15 percent of my class. I need extra help.

I.P. Daly

Re: How to study early for July 2013 Bar?(Using Barbri)

Postby I.P. Daly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

(Edit: If BarBri already gave you the conviser, just use that.)

The MBE is an extremely important part of most bar exams, so devoting all of your pre-BarBri study time solely to studying MBE subjects may be worthwhile.

However, if you're really concerned about the other stuff, you may want to consider purchasing the Baroutlines materials for your state. I have friends that used Baroutlines to study for their second and even third bar exams (i.e., taking and passing the bar in different states) and they thought Baroutlines was a good investment.

Comparatively, the materials provided by Baroutlines are affordable (depending on the jurisdiction about $49-$99), and the video lectures and outlines are condensed, so you could do a topic each weekend, for example. After reviewing the materials, you could go to your state's bar examiners website and print off and work on past essays. Most states provide past essays and model answers free of charge online.

Also, if you've already studied many of the subjects tested on the bar exam in law school, perhaps you could simply jump into doing practice essays and reviewing model answers without purchasing additional materials.

tfer2222

Postby tfer2222 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 am

interested in this - when in May does the actual course start, anyway?

TheGreatFish

Postby TheGreatFish » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:36 am

I.P. Daly wrote:The MBE is an extremely important part of most bar exams, so devoting all of your pre-BarBri study time solely to studying MBE subjects may be worthwhile.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”