Supplements for IP/Patent

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lycurgus

Supplements for IP/Patent

Postby Lycurgus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Anyone do well in their IP/Patent class that can recommend a supplement and something akin to Q&A or Siegel's series for these classes?

ph14

Re: Supplements for IP/Patent

Postby ph14 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Interested in this as well.

waxecstatic

Re: Supplements for IP/Patent

Postby waxecstatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

I did well in IP; I'm taking Copyright now. Have heard patent law is more difficult than copyright. I just used Emanuel's. It's better than the E&E in my opinion. I also felt it had plenty of discussion on recent acts and provides a link for any updates on recent legislation which would be after 2010. You'd be hard-pressed to find anything discussed in your class that wasn't in that book somewhere. From the book for the chapter on patents: "this chapter provides an overview of what constitutes patentable subject matter, the standards that inventions must meet to merit a patent, the process of applying for a patent, patent claim construction, the various rights of patentees, special defenses that can be raised to a claim of patent infringement, and infringement remedies. It also compares the advantages and disadvantages of patents and trade secret protection and discusses some of the key international patent treaty provisions that affect U.S. patent practice. It does not go into the niceties of patent claim drafting and PTO procedure which are generally not encompassed in a survey course."

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”