(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Myself

Postby Myself » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 am

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ph14

Re: Criminal Procedure Hornbook

Postby ph14 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 am

ajax adonis wrote:Hello all, I was wondering if any of you guys used a good hornbook or something of the sort for your crim pro class. Would be much appreciated!

If I can direct your attention here.

The Supplements Thread wrote:Crim Pro
-Emanuel and the E&E were pretty good. I used them to clarify some issues that I was a bit confused on, and every case discussed in my class was covered in the E&E. If you choose one, go for the E&E.

Myself

Postby Myself » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks. I'm also looking for other suggestions and perspectives. Seems like that guy was the only one to give any crim pro suggestions.

MinEMorris

Postby MinEMorris » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

As far as conceptually grasping the material, I don't think you can beat Understanding Criminal Procedure (Dressler). I got lost a couple of times in criminal procedure (e.g. car searches and the nuances of Miranda) and that hornbook always explained complicated rules clearly and also has a lot of great policy discussions. I've heard some people say that their crim pro professors specifically recommended that hornbook, too.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”