Anyone here familiar with the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE)?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Anyone here familiar with the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE)?

Postby TheReignmaker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi there. I plan on taking the bar in Washington state where I grew up. However, I went to a law school out-of-state for financial reasons (and some other stuff that I'm not going to get into). I've noticed that Washington has adopted the Uniform Bar Examination. I'm just curious if there's anyone here who has taken it or is studying for it. I'd like to take a paid course for it after I graduate, but I'm unfamiliar with the companies that peddle their services in that area.

Anyway this is kind of a stab in the dark, but if anyone has any familiarity with it, I'd appreciate any info you could share.

Re: Anyone here familiar with the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE)?

Postby skiingimpy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm

I took it in Colorado this past july. It's basically the MBE plus some other standardized stuff. It is nice that at least theoretically my bar score could make me eligible in other states, but I don't know how that would work, nor do I care at this point. From what I understand it was pretty similar to how the bar was in the past anyway.

BarBri tailors their course to be state specific, and provides WAY more materials and practice than I (or anyone else I went through it with) needed. If you at least make an effort, I think they're pretty good at knowing what you need to pass the bar.

TL;DR, BarBri.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”