The Supplements Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
jess
Posts: 17759
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

The Supplements Thread

Postby jess » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 pm

.
Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 12720
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 pm

I didn't really like Chemerinsky as much as everyone else did. I felt like it did a good job filling me in on important cases, but it didn't have as much analysis as I would have liked. Then again, I read it a while ago so I might be forgetting. I'm taking Con Law 2 now, is there a better one?

Also - anyone know about Public International Law? (lol). Something about the UN.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 12720
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Also, to add: Civ Pro
I liked the E&E a lot, but I didn't read Freer like a lot of people suggested.

User avatar
Pokemon
Posts: 3433
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby Pokemon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm

ilovesf wrote:I didn't really like Chemerinsky as much as everyone else did. I felt like it did a good job filling me in on important cases, but it didn't have as much analysis as I would have liked. Then again, I read it a while ago so I might be forgetting. I'm taking Con Law 2 now, is there a better one?

Also - anyone know about Public International Law? (lol). Something about the UN.


I found Inside Con Law, what matters + why to be a mini-chemerinsky of equal value.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby gaud » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

ilovesf wrote:Also, to add: Civ Pro
I liked the E&E a lot, but I didn't read Freer like a lot of people suggested.


+1.

I also thought the Glannon Guide was excellent.

User avatar
jess
Posts: 17759
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby jess » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 pm

.
Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 12720
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Jessuf wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I didn't really like Chemerinsky as much as everyone else did. I felt like it did a good job filling me in on important cases, but it didn't have as much analysis as I would have liked. Then again, I read it a while ago so I might be forgetting. I'm taking Con Law 2 now, is there a better one?

Also - anyone know about Public International Law? (lol). Something about the UN.

Is your Con Law 2 an individual rights kind of class? I need a good supplement for individual rights/bill of rights/whatever material.

Yeah, exactly. I still have my Chemerinsky book but I'm looking for something else too. Usually I just read supplements a couple days before the exam. What I think I'll do with Con Law 2 is read Chemerinsky throughout the semester along with the text book to help me understand cases, but read a different one at the end of the semester like I usually do.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby Bronck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Any suggestions for a survey intellectual property course? There are a couple of threads on TLS, but I didn't find anything too informative. Some suggest Emanuel's, others the E&E.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby gaud » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

by the way, tyft Jessuf

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 12720
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Bronck wrote:Any suggestions for a survey intellectual property course? There are a couple of threads on TLS, but I didn't find anything too informative. Some suggest Emanuel's, others the E&E.

My prof wrote the Emanuel's & Crunchtime so I used them. I liked them a lot, but I guess that's because of how closely related it was to everything we learned. I found them useful though and they helped flush out a lot of things we went over in class that all went over my head.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby Bronck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Bronck wrote:Any suggestions for a survey intellectual property course? There are a couple of threads on TLS, but I didn't find anything too informative. Some suggest Emanuel's, others the E&E.

My prof wrote the Emanuel's & Crunchtime so I used them. I liked them a lot, but I guess that's because of how closely related it was to everything we learned. I found them useful though and they helped flush out a lot of things we went over in class that all went over my head.


Cool -- are they comparable? Or are they sufficiently different such that I should look into picking up both?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 12720
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Bronck wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Bronck wrote:Any suggestions for a survey intellectual property course? There are a couple of threads on TLS, but I didn't find anything too informative. Some suggest Emanuel's, others the E&E.

My prof wrote the Emanuel's & Crunchtime so I used them. I liked them a lot, but I guess that's because of how closely related it was to everything we learned. I found them useful though and they helped flush out a lot of things we went over in class that all went over my head.


Cool -- are they comparable? Or are they sufficiently different such that I should look into picking up both?

Emanuel's is like 10x longer and more in depth and still has practice questions. I bought both because I'm a supplements whore.

User avatar
dannynoonan87
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby dannynoonan87 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm

I've been consulting this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194417

In a related note, I'm looking to buy a copy of Cherminsky Con Law. PM me if you can hook it up!

User avatar
jess
Posts: 17759
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby jess » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

.
Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby Elric » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Any suggestions for Leg Reg or International?

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby Kage3212 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm

For Leg Reg I used Mastering Statutory Interpretation....Aced the course.

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Statuto ... 1594603146

It doesn't go into too much detail for the Chevron stuff....for that I would check out some other administrative law supplements listed on the forum.

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby choochoo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 pm

I highly recommend the Glannon Guide for a Bankruptcy class.

TFR
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby TFR » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:44 pm

sum and substance AUDIO on conlaw got me from the C range to the A range... outdated but invaluable...

TheZoid
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby TheZoid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Just wanted to echo that chemerinsky is absolute gold IMO. Like the poster above said, it's insanely long, but I think Erwin does a great job of simplifying the material, tying it all together, and giving you the key principles/concepts that apply in each area of the law. Also felt like the torts e&e is good fwiw, but torts is 100x simpler than con law and a supplement may not be necessary at all.

uvabro
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby uvabro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 pm

cherminfskys horn book ok to replace reading in non-cherminfsky text, and to avoid reading cases? i can't understand 19th century writing in an impacting way.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4555
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Someone tell me something to read for remedies.

User avatar
nmcdgt
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby nmcdgt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 am

Anyone have any suggestions for Evidence? Didn't see it mentioned in this or the 1L supplement thread.

waxecstatic
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby waxecstatic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 am

For evidence, I used Emanuel's and got an A-. I didn't use the textbook for studying before the final.

Myself
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:36 pm

.

Postby Myself » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 pm

.
Last edited by Myself on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 13479
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: The Supplements Thread

Postby LeDique » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

ajax adonis wrote:Crim Pro recommendations?


The E&E.

uvabro wrote:cherminfskys horn book ok to replace reading in non-cherminfsky text, and to avoid reading cases? i can't understand 19th century writing in an impacting way.


Generally, yes, but obviously, it might depend on your professor.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zachbp13 and 3 guests