Secured Transactions Course

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lawquacious

Secured Transactions Course

Postby Lawquacious » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 am

How important or recommended is it to take Secured Transactions? (With taking the bar in mind.)

thesealocust

Re: Secured Transactions Course

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 am

Lawquacious wrote:How important or recommended is it to take Secured Transactions? (With taking the bar in mind.)

Not at all / does not matter at all.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 am

thesealocust wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:How important or recommended is it to take Secured Transactions? (With taking the bar in mind.)

Not at all / does not matter at all.

Thx for the feedback. Isn't UCC Art. 9 typically on bar? I know that bar prep materials can be sufficient for subjects not taken in law school, but I'm just a bit concerned because my K class 1L didn't cover Art. 9 and none of the business related classes I've taken since then have directly covered it...

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 am

(1) nothing on the bar is hard to learn, everything on the bar is in your bar review course, and no law school course does a good job prepping you for that topic on the bar (it's always a little different)

(2) No, it is not "typically on the bar." It's not on the MBE at all, which is ~50% of the exam. If it's on your state's portion, it will not be more than a small portion.

(3) It doesn't matter. You learn the bar exam material prepping from the bar, not in your law school classes.

(4) Secured transactions, in a nut shell: if you have a security interest in something, perfect it. Do it before the other guy. Done.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:41 am

1. I was glad to have taken it before my summer SA, just for familiarity with terms/concepts when reviewing loan and credit documents, but it wasn't anything that really mattered.

2. I was glad to have taken it before I took Bankruptcy.

Since thesealocust has taken the NY bar and I haven't, I'll defer to him for the rest and assume its all tcr.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks guys--I appreciate it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”