...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
LSL
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

...

Postby LSL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker
Title: Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases
and Materials, Ninth Ed. (2012)

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.
Last edited by LSL on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

LSL wrote:Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker
Title: Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases
and Materials, Ninth Ed. (2012)

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.


For three bucks, I'd say just buy it and find out.

Sometimes amazon or google books had the table of cotnents. Check there.

User avatar
LSL
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby LSL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
LSL wrote:Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker
Title: Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases
and Materials, Ninth Ed. (2012)

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.


For three bucks, I'd say just buy it and find out.

Sometimes amazon or google books had the table of cotnents. Check there.


Thanks. That was the answer I was leaning toward. Prof says if we use the older edition, we're responsible for any new material, but I'm willing to spend the $3 to see how close they are. If it's not a lot of new material, then fuck it. I'll check googlebooks too, good call.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 pm

LSL wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
LSL wrote:Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker
Title: Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases
and Materials, Ninth Ed. (2012)

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.


For three bucks, I'd say just buy it and find out.

Sometimes amazon or google books had the table of cotnents. Check there.


Thanks. That was the answer I was leaning toward. Prof says if we use the older edition, we're responsible for any new material, but I'm willing to spend the $3 to see how close they are. If it's not a lot of new material, then fuck it. I'll check googlebooks too, good call.


I always buy old editions. It's never been a problem for me. Esp. for crim law, where there no huge new cases which change the BLL.

Photocopy a friends Table of Contents. See if there are cases you don't have, and if there are, just download them on westlaw for free.

User avatar
LSL
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby LSL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
LSL wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
LSL wrote:Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker
Title: Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases
and Materials, Ninth Ed. (2012)

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.


For three bucks, I'd say just buy it and find out.

Sometimes amazon or google books had the table of cotnents. Check there.


Thanks. That was the answer I was leaning toward. Prof says if we use the older edition, we're responsible for any new material, but I'm willing to spend the $3 to see how close they are. If it's not a lot of new material, then fuck it. I'll check googlebooks too, good call.


I always buy old editions. It's never been a problem for me. Esp. for crim law, where there no huge new cases which change the BLL.

Photocopy a friends Table of Contents. See if there are cases you don't have, and if there are, just download them on westlaw for free.


And with that logic, I'm sold. Just bought a cheap-ass book and saved a bunch of money. Many thanks.

eerie_erie
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby eerie_erie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I thought this was the newest version:

http://www.amazon.com/Criminal-Law-Its- ... 1454817550

I had Prof. Barkow (newest co-author) for Criminal Law, and she had us read whole chapters that were substantially different from the current version.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby 2014 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 pm

We use kadish and it isn't that different. Your page numbers will be off but it's mostly an occasional notes case. I can only think of maybe 2 big cases from post 09 or w/e the 8th was

User avatar
dannynoonan87
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby dannynoonan87 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 pm

2014 wrote:We use kadish and it isn't that different. Your page numbers will be off but it's mostly an occasional notes case. I can only think of maybe 2 big cases from post 09 or w/e the 8th was


Best supplement for Kadish? I also need to buy this book for this semester

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Postby 2014 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm

dannynoonan87 wrote:
2014 wrote:We use kadish and it isn't that different. Your page numbers will be off but it's mostly an occasional notes case. I can only think of maybe 2 big cases from post 09 or w/e the 8th was


Best supplement for Kadish? I also need to buy this book for this semester

We do quarters so haven't taken a final for it and I haven't bought a supplement. If I remember I'll ask around Monday.

User avatar
dannynoonan87
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Re: ...

Postby dannynoonan87 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

thanks 2014 I would appreciate it.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests