How many summer applications is everyone sending out? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tallgaloot

New

How many summer applications is everyone sending out?

Post by tallgaloot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

On this forum I know I'll be late to the game as I just started submitting summer applications after finals were over (I'm a 1L). How many applications should I be realistically looking at getting out? I was thinking to have 100 submitted (or inquired about) by the time we get back mid-January. thoughts?

Diamond

Re: How many summer applications is everyone sending out?

Post by 09042014 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 pm

tallgaloot wrote:On this forum I know I'll be late to the game as I just started submitting summer applications after finals were over (I'm a 1L). How many applications should I be realistically looking at getting out? I was thinking to have 100 submitted (or inquired about) by the time we get back mid-January. thoughts?
Keep doing it til you get something. Aim at gov't shit, that's cool, obtainable and goes fast. Firms are a myth. Corporations seemingly hire randomly and late.

pifhib2

New

Post by pifhib2 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 am

2 so far, might send some more out over break. Probably not though.

MinEMorris

Bronze

Post by MinEMorris » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:50 am

yep. Keep applying and interviewing until you get something you want.

eerie_erie

Bronze

Post by eerie_erie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 pm

tallgaloot wrote:On this forum I know I'll be late to the game as I just started submitting summer applications after finals were over (I'm a 1L). How many applications should I be realistically looking at getting out? I was thinking to have 100 submitted (or inquired about) by the time we get back mid-January. thoughts?
100 sounds like a lot, though I don't doubt the seemingly amazing work ethic of TLSers sometimes. I would say that you look at the places that you really want to get hired at and push especially hard to make yourself a good candidate. See if the people who work there are willing to network with you, so you can write a targeted cover letter and/or have a great interview about "Why X" place. Try to find other students in your school that might have interned there before. Talk to people who are in the same fields but at different firms/companies/organizations.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm

I submitted 86 before getting my 1L SA. I would have likely submitted another if I didn't. Just keep going.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”