important to take sec reg or corporations for litigation SA?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Watermelon Man

important to take sec reg or corporations for litigation SA?

Postby Watermelon Man » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:11 pm

I ran a search but couldn't find anything about this.

thesealocust

Re: important to take sec reg or corporations for litigation SA?

Postby thesealocust » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:26 pm

It's not even that important to take them for a corporate SA. The amount of on-the-ground, useful information you get from those classes could probably be matched in an hour on wikipedia. You learn how to do your job on the job.

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 pm

I agree that it's probably not important, but why would you not want to take them, if they are relevant to what you want to do?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Lincoln wrote:I agree that it's probably not important, but why would you not want to take them, if they are relevant to what you want to do?

Because law school classes are a joke and you could be taking a seminar with response papers instead? Using the extra time to get shwasted and go on adventures?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm

thesealocust wrote:It's not even that important to take them for a corporate SA. The amount of on-the-ground, useful information you get from those classes could probably be matched in an hour on wikipedia. You learn how to do your job on the job.

Out of curiosity, are there any classes you would recommend to take that would be helpful?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 pm

cinephile wrote:
thesealocust wrote:It's not even that important to take them for a corporate SA. The amount of on-the-ground, useful information you get from those classes could probably be matched in an hour on wikipedia. You learn how to do your job on the job.

Out of curiosity, are there any classes you would recommend to take that would be helpful?

The introduction to accounting/corporate finance, unless you'll be representing clients in a personal capacity exclusively (i.e. trusts/estates/criminal law).

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:07 pm

^ thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”