PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
uvabro

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby uvabro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:34 pm

Well, I've been outed so I'll no longer post my grades not because I'm private but because I don't want to be dick. I will continue to troll like my life counted on it. The trolling will reach epic proportions.

Postby 20130312 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 pm

uvabro wrote:Well, I've been outed so I'll no longer post my grades not because I'm private but because I don't want to be dick. I will continue to troll like my life counted on it. The trolling will reach epic proportions.

Sorry to hear brah. Not looking forward to this day.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:15 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
uvabro wrote:Well, I've been outed so I'll no longer post my grades not because I'm private but because I don't want to be dick. I will continue to troll like my life counted on it. The trolling will reach epic proportions.

Sorry to hear brah. Not looking forward to this day.

it's ok my section is really cool plus i really enjoy trolling. after getting banned for using tls as monster.com i only rejoined to troll.

swoozie

Postby swoozie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 am

thesealocust wrote:Just a PSA: People who do great are outrageously more likely to post about it, mention it on facebook, drop it in casual conversation, raise their hands in class 2nd semester, and generally be annoying asshats.

Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with cheering each other on and posting about your success in this thread, and y'all aren't being asshats - that's whatthis thread is for. But (a) brace yourselves generally for the fact that the top 10% of the class will from here on out do 90% of the posting/talking/mutual masturbating about grades and (b) be very carefully about assuming "everyone in this thread is killing it, wow everyone on TLS is killing it!"

Even so, glancing through this thread, I can't help it...jfc at the grades in here.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:24 am

Birdnals wrote:Update:
Property (4 credits): A+
Torts (4 Credits): A (one point off from A+)
Civ Pro (4 Credits): A-

Current GPA: 3.88-3.94 depending on if you round a .66 down or up.

Just waiting on my legal writing now(2 credits), but best case I am in top 1%, probable top 5%, worst case top 10%.

Ecstatic, about to go drink my face off and watch some Roll Damn Tide football.

Niiiiiice.

Bonus: Possibility of transferring up.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 am

UVAIce wrote:
I am insanely jealous. I think our (UVA) grades deadline is January 21st, which will then take our registrar's office 2-3 days to then post. Also, some professors have a grade deadline of February 15th. FML.

Usually (USUALLY) the grades will appear on the last day for UVA. I don't know if SRO just lies about how long it takes to post or works extra hard (i.e. more than a 1/4 day) on deadline day, but in my experience, if a grade doesn't show up the night of the deadline, it's because the professor has blown the deadline and hasn't yet submitted.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:32 am

thesealocust wrote:Just a PSA: People who do great are outrageously more likely to post about it, mention it on facebook, drop it in casual conversation, raise their hands in class 2nd semester, and generally be annoying asshats.

Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with cheering each other on and posting about your success in this thread, and y'all aren't being asshats - that's whatthis thread is for. But (a) brace yourselves generally for the fact that the top 10% of the class will from here on out do 90% of the posting/talking/mutual masturbating about grades and (b) be very carefully about assuming "everyone in this thread is killing it, wow everyone on TLS is killing it!"

Yeah, I posted here because I wanted to vent , staying tight lipped about it to classmates (generic, "I am happy with the grades" to people who ask). Starting over fresh this semester, going to act/prepare as if I was below median and have to catch up.

Thanks everybody. Especially the exam prep thread people, you guys helped a ton.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 am

goddamnit I need my grades so I can apply for diversity fellowships that need grades (or, more likely, knock that off my to do list because my grades suck) :-/ COME ON SCHOOL.

Postby 2014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 am

Grats Birdnals but isn't WUSTLs grading system fucked? Did you just attempt to translate it to 4.0 scale somehow?

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 am

2014 wrote:Grats Birdnals but isn't WUSTLs grading system fucked? Did you just attempt to translate it to 4.0 scale somehow?

Yeah, it is all sorts of weird. We still get the whole 0-100 scale score, which then translates into a GPA, which then translates into a letter grade. A 100 here translates into a 4.3 GPA. It's confusing to everybody. Luckily, class rank/% seems pretty universally understood.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:43 am

Sorry about civ pro bro

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:05 am

Slightly off-topic, but related. I'm amazed at how many people we've lost in our section. Out of 70, we've probably lost about 8-10. It's so weird looking around and not seeing people there that you expected to see there. :(

Not that I LIKED all of them, but still.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 am

Yeah, this.

One grade back so far. Fucking slow ass school.

Postby 2014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

Scotusnerd wrote:Slightly off-topic, but related. I'm amazed at how many people we've lost in our section. Out of 70, we've probably lost about 8-10. It's so weird looking around and not seeing people there that you expected to see there. :(

I mean it can only be a good thing. No one who dropped out really liked where they were and it just means more jobs for you (Though I admittedly know nothing about getting a job out of your school).

I don't think we have had anyone drop out :(

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:58 am

2014 wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:Slightly off-topic, but related. I'm amazed at how many people we've lost in our section. Out of 70, we've probably lost about 8-10. It's so weird looking around and not seeing people there that you expected to see there. :(

I mean it can only be a good thing. No one who dropped out really liked where they were and it just means more jobs for you (Though I admittedly know nothing about getting a job out of your school).

I know of a few that dropped before exams. I know of one that should probably drop out now. My school is notorious for taking forever to post grades, and I'm not sure how that affects the drop out rate.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am

dextermorgan wrote:
2014 wrote:

I know of a few that dropped before exams. I know of one that should probably drop out now. My school is notorious for taking forever to post grades, and I'm not sure how that affects the drop out rate.

my school takes forever to post grades too. I think they purposely wait until you start again so they can steal your money.

Volake

Postby Volake » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Contracts: A-
Civ Pro: A

Still waiting on Torts, but I feel damn good about what I've got so far. I really feel like I owe so much to the TLS community. From the advice in applications to the advice on how to prepare throughout the semester, I've gotten a lot of gold here. I'm just hoping I don't jinx myself for Torts.

Dubyuhnell

Postby Dubyuhnell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Reading how all of you killed it gives me a little hope but seeing all these other posts about how people bombed and are thinking of dropping out have me freaking out

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm

My LPW instructor liked my final memo (for the most part), but hasn't submitted any grades yet. Not that it matters since it's pass/fail, but still, I want to see some sort of update on that grade page.

shumpshump

Postby shumpshump » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Bronck wrote:My LPW instructor liked my final memo (for the most part), but hasn't submitted any grades yet. Not that it matters since it's pass/fail, but still, I want to see some sort of update on that grade page.

Still didn't get my final memo back :?

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm

shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:My LPW instructor liked my final memo (for the most part), but hasn't submitted any grades yet. Not that it matters since it's pass/fail, but still, I want to see some sort of update on that grade page.

Still didn't get my final memo back :?

We got to a school with the slowest graders ever. I can't recall who, but one friend said his LPW section just recently turned in their final draft lol.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Bronck wrote:

Great points.

I will thoroughly despise people who openly post their grades on FB.

Ugh, we haven't gotten any back yet, but I can't even imagine doing that, and I'd like to think most of my classmates are better than that.

Still, I do love this thread since its the one place I feel comfortable openly talking about all this stuff. I haven't even told any of my classmates I have a summer job yet.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Facebook is lame. I plan on just printing my transcript out and mass mailing it to all of my classmates. Another option is the singing telegram.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:47 pm

uvabro wrote:Facebook is lame. I plan on just printing my transcript out and mass mailing it to all of my classmates. Another option is the singing telegram.

That's a great idea. Maybe even make a formal announcement in front of class the first day.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Bronck wrote:
uvabro wrote:Facebook is lame. I plan on just printing my transcript out and mass mailing it to all of my classmates. Another option is the singing telegram.

That's a great idea. Maybe even make a formal announcement in front of class the first day.

idk that seems kind of gunnerish. i'm not like assumption required. i prefer some class and theatre behind it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”