PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stillwater

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby stillwater » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm

dingbat wrote:
stillwater wrote:
dingbat wrote:]
Based on the grades I've received so far, I'm exactly at median

correlation or causation?
dingbat wrote:I was told grades come out around the end of January

definitely causation.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:
hyakku wrote:
BuckinghamB wrote:
hyakku wrote:Nice. I'm hearing we may not see our grades until the first week of February - _ -. I've loved being here all year, and I think this would probably be the only complaint if that's true. A week or two after our peers is cool, but almost a month is kind of absurd. I'm also gonna buy into the conspiracy if it comes out the first week of February as I think one of those days is the day past refund time (I've got to check though, I doubt Z would do that).

Edit: Well that and it's fucking freezing here all the time, but I'm starting not to even mind. I visited people in Jersey and was outside in a light sweater while everyone else was bundled up; felt like I was in the Bahamas.

:shock:

What professors did you have? I'm guessing you're at Mich?

Yea, I'm an OPer so I had Crim, Con and Torts (I'm assuming you're from Mich and know the professors?) Crim. prof seems to be on his shit, no idea how Con / Torts profs well grade. I'm not even really concerned about the grades so much as I just don't want to be wasting time applying to firms that are going to request grades and I'm already out of the running. I'll just enjoy the rest of vacation if I got medianpwned :lol: And win or lose, I'll just end up at Rick's.

Also, completely forgot about thoughtdicking. I was looking for the word I felt towards you guys with grades without wanting to be a complete dick.

Bro, it was only cold on two days last semester.

I adapted to LA weather after moving there years ago in less than 24 hours. Whenever the weather drops below 60 degrees I become the softest kid on earth, immediately.

Yeah, I'm an EFGHer (Crim, Prop, Torts). Didn't you guys have that weird video exam for Crim? Someone from MNOP was telling me that. If we have to wait til Feb. for grades I'll be MAF, especially for property (all multiple choice). Good call on Rick's, though. Probably gonna get to AA early so I can revert back to the undergrad years for a couple nights :D

Yea, the video wasn't bad. Was a bitch of a time crunch though. That's actually the exam I'm most anxious about ironically. I'm already back in AA doing jerb shit and relaxing.

How was EFGH by the way? I feel like I only know a handful of you guys compared to ABCDIJKLMNOP (this looks kind of ridiculous).

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:50 pm

hyakku wrote:Yea, the video wasn't bad. Was a bitch of a time crunch though. That's actually the exam I'm most anxious about ironically. I'm already back in AA doing jerb shit and relaxing.

How was EFGH by the way? I feel like I only know a handful of you guys compared to ABCDIJKLMNOP (this looks kind of ridiculous).

We're every fucking gunner here, bro. Can't be associating ourselves with the partyers, kinda lazies, and...can't remember ABCD's little phrase. Seriously though, no complaints here. Everyone I've talked to in the big section has been pretty chill, and my small section is awesome.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:We're every fucking gunner here, bro. Can't be associating ourselves with the partyers, kinda lazies, and...can't remember ABCD's little phrase. Seriously though, no complaints here. Everyone I've talked to in the big section has been pretty chill, and my small section is awesome.

IJKL does not live up to it's acronym, FWIW.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Final grade came back. B in Torts leaving me with a 3.1. Should be somewhere in the top 50%. What a terrible performance this semester :/

UVAIce

Postby UVAIce » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Final grade came back. B in Torts leaving me with a 3.1. Should be somewhere in the top 50%. What a terrible performance this semester :/

Don't let this knock you down too much bro. Those A grades show that you can make it happen. Just buckle down and learn from your mistakes this semester and keep chugging.

Benjamin1987

Postby Benjamin1987 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 pm

uvabro wrote:
Benjamin1987 wrote:A in Torts
A in Crim
A in Contracts
A- in Introduction course
B+ in LR

yahooo!

median.

LOL watch yourself brah!

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:Finally in - at or above median in all classes, highest grade in the class in Contracts. I owe it to TLS.

Good stuff bro

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Final grade came back. B in Torts leaving me with a 3.1. Should be somewhere in the top 50%. What a terrible performance this semester :/

You got another semester. You showed you can top out well in some classes, so perfect your method and kill the next semester.

hookem7

Postby hookem7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

UT must have the laziest registrar or whoever uploads grades ever. First time I got a "just posted grades" email from a prof, it took them a solid week to appear. Got another one today and it's bothering me way too much.

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
BuckinghamB wrote:We're every fucking gunner here, bro. Can't be associating ourselves with the partyers, kinda lazies, and...can't remember ABCD's little phrase. Seriously though, no complaints here. Everyone I've talked to in the big section has been pretty chill, and my small section is awesome.

No? Seems like I probably should've been in your section based on first semester.

Btw, congrats to everyone happy with grades!

harbin

Postby harbin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 pm

First two grades in today... B+ in one (which is median pwned) but A+ in the other! Fingers crossed for the next few.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Update:
Property (4 credits): A+
Torts (4 Credits): A (one point off from A+)
Civ Pro (4 Credits): A-

Current GPA: 3.88-3.94 depending on if you round a .66 down or up.

Just waiting on my legal writing now(2 credits), but best case I am in top 1%, probable top 5%, worst case top 10%.

Ecstatic, about to go drink my face off and watch some Roll Damn Tide football.
Last edited by Birdnals on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

No? Seems like I probably should've been in your section based on first semester.

Btw, congrats to everyone happy with grades!

I mean I don't really know a lot of people from the other sections, but I felt like my section was full of gunners all semester. I am the embodiment of IJKL.

Also, congrats brother Birdnals.

jkpolk

Postby jkpolk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Damn Bird, grats dude

Postby 20130312 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Birdnals wrote:Update:

Just waiting on my legal writing now(2 credits), but best case I am in top 1%, probable top 5%, worst case top 10%.

Birdnals KILLING IT. Nice man!

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Most people in this thread are killing it. Somehow this makes me even more certain I'm doomed.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm

hyakku wrote:
Wakelaw15 wrote:wow, still nothing. I'm wondering if people who have the CALI award for these classes have gotten an email from the prof, or if everyone is in the darkness.

Well fuck me. I didn't even know what these were (I tried to avoid worrying about accolades this first part of 1L year, worked to keep me unstressed), but now that I know about them I'm already convinced people have heard from our profs and I'm thought dicking :lol:

No, really though at this point I'm done being stressed. I think something internally just said fuck it when I got done with Skadden's stupendously long application only to read, "We'll start reviewing your app once you've gotten grades to us." I felt like they knew they were trolling me and I refuse to be trolled by a law firm -_-.

Hadn't heard of them either, so I just checked and I don't think my school gives them out. I think thats a good thing haha.

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 pm

hibiki wrote:Most people in this thread are killing it. Somehow this makes me even more certain I'm doomed.

+1

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:
hibiki wrote:Most people in this thread are killing it. Somehow this makes me even more certain I'm doomed.

+1

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Birdnals wrote:Update:

Birdnals KILLING IT. Nice bro!

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Bronck wrote:
BuckinghamB wrote:

+1

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Just a PSA: People who do great are outrageously more likely to post about it, mention it on facebook, drop it in casual conversation, raise their hands in class 2nd semester, and generally be annoying asshats.

Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with cheering each other on and posting about your success in this thread, and y'all aren't being asshats - that's whatthis thread is for. But (a) brace yourselves generally for the fact that the top 10% of the class will from here on out do 90% of the posting/talking/mutual masturbating about grades and (b) be very carefully about assuming "everyone in this thread is killing it, wow everyone on TLS is killing it!"

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 pm

thesealocust wrote:Just a PSA: People who do great are outrageously more likely to post about it, mention it on facebook, drop it in casual conversation, raise their hands in class 2nd semester, and generally be annoying asshats.

Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with cheering each other on and posting about your success in this thread, and y'all aren't being asshats - that's whatthis thread is for. But (a) brace yourselves generally for the fact that the top 10% of the class will from here on out do 90% of the posting/talking/mutual masturbating about grades and (b) be very carefully about assuming "everyone in this thread is killing it, wow everyone on TLS is killing it!"

Great points.

I will thoroughly despise people who openly post their grades on FB.

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Bronck wrote:Great points.

I will thoroughly despise people who openly post their grades on FB.

We'll just have to glare icily at them as we walk past them in the hallway. We're supposed to be the mean school, right?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”