PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dingbat

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby dingbat » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

manofjustice wrote:
dingbat wrote:
stillwater wrote:This break has NOT been enjoyable. Pending grades are consuming all my mental energy.

this makes me really happy I was told grades come out around the end of January. No fucking around panicking.

The END of January?

One of my professors, when asked, said he was supposed to hand in all grades no later than the end of January, but good luck with that (i.e. he's gonna be late)

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Was shocked to see my grades posted this morning for two of my classes and subsequently received emails from both professors (to me specifically, not the whole class). Recevied the top grade in both courses :shock:

I don't even. Going out to get so wasted tonight.

Fuck yeah bro. Extremely happy for you.

But I am going nuts with not a single grade released yet.

jazzhou

Postby jazzhou » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:10 pm

TheZoid wrote:Got back a 95 in con law and 90 in legal writing- thrilled with con law, moderately happy with writing but still so much to be determined with two grades remaining- hard not to get my hopes up after the 95 tho, tbh.

Congrats! Also I think you are in my section since I got those same grades back yesterday.
Last edited by jazzhou on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

jazzhou wrote:
TheZoid wrote:Got back a 95 in con law and 90 in legal writing- thrilled with con law, moderately happy with writing but still so much to be determined with two grades remaining- hard not to get my hopes up after the 95 tho, tbh.

Congrats! Also I think you are in my section since I got those same grades back yesterday. Hope Konig doesn't fuck everything up.

Thanks man (?). Haha yep, sounds like we are in the same section- totally agree still a lot to be determined, which is why I'm still not too comfortable. Hope everything's gone well for you so far.

Postby 20130312 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Was shocked to see my grades posted this morning for two of my classes and subsequently received emails from both professors (to me specifically, not the whole class). Recevied the top grade in both courses :shock:

Thanks Unam. Just a couple more short weeks at the latest, bro. Also, whoever said they are waiting to release grades til after they have you pulled in for a second semester was dead right. Term bill due January 3rd, grades released on the 4th. BE MOAR OBVIOUS.

lawhaus

Postby lawhaus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm

if grades come out on jan. 8th (spring 2013 payment due 7th), I'm a believer of this conspiracy

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 am

UnamSanctam wrote:

Yea, I'm kind of pissed we get ours so much later than everyone else. My confidence has both skyrocketed and dropped repeatedly over the past few weeks lol. To be honest though, I just want them back to be sure I'm not wasting time applying to positions with certain GPA requirements. I also want an excuse to be at Ricks unnecessarily early.

Btw unam, weren't you a summer? Can't remember who is who anymore online.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:12 pm

hyakku wrote:Btw unam, weren't you a summer? Can't remember who is who anymore online.

I was ED so yeah, but they let me switch to fall since I was straight outta Compton.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Nice. I'm hearing we may not see our grades until the first week of February - _ -. I've loved being here all year, and I think this would probably be the only complaint if that's true. A week or two after our peers is cool, but almost a month is kind of absurd. I'm also gonna buy into the conspiracy if it comes out the first week of February as I think one of those days is the day past refund time (I've got to check though, I doubt Z would do that).

Edit: Well that and it's fucking freezing here all the time, but I'm starting not to even mind. I visited people in Jersey and was outside in a light sweater while everyone else was bundled up; felt like I was in the Bahamas.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm

hyakku wrote:Nice. I'm hearing we may not see our grades until the first week of February - _ -. I've loved being here all year, and I think this would probably be the only complaint if that's true. A week or two after our peers is cool, but almost a month is kind of absurd. I'm also gonna buy into the conspiracy if it comes out the first week of February as I think one of those days is the day past refund time (I've got to check though, I doubt Z would do that).

Edit: Well that and it's fucking freezing here all the time, but I'm starting not to even mind. I visited people in Jersey and was outside in a light sweater while everyone else was bundled up; felt like I was in the Bahamas.

Z dicked you.

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:19 pm

stillwater wrote:
hyakku wrote:Nice. I'm hearing we may not see our grades until the first week of February - _ -. I've loved being here all year, and I think this would probably be the only complaint if that's true. A week or two after our peers is cool, but almost a month is kind of absurd. I'm also gonna buy into the conspiracy if it comes out the first week of February as I think one of those days is the day past refund time (I've got to check though, I doubt Z would do that).

Z dicked you.

thoughtdicking everyone who has grades right now

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm

hibiki wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Z dicked you.

thoughtdicking everyone who has grades right now

I'm really glad people still use that term.

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Which school?

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm

thelong wrote:
hibiki wrote:thoughtdicking everyone who has grades right now

I'm really glad people still use that term.

It was mindpoison that you infected us with.

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:36 pm

:shock:

What professors did you have? I'm guessing you're at Mich?

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 pm

So at my wife's request I checked my grades today, and, lo and behold, a grade was posted:

Legal Research and Writing: -

(it's a year long class)

Postby 20130312 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 pm

dingbat wrote:So at my wife's request I checked my grades today, and, lo and behold, a grade was posted:

Legal Research and Writing: -

(it's a year long class)

That's cold.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:22 pm

So many over-achievers ITT, congrats!!!

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 am

If grades come out after next semester's payment is due, do you guys have any idea what would happen for contingent scholarships?

Since my scholarship covers tuition, I wasn't required to do anything when last semester's payment came around. My scholarship is only good, however, if I maintain top third. So in the event grades come out after the payment date, I will have been good to go without paying (since grades were not in yet). If I then fall outside the top third, would I just have to pay at a later date than everyone else?

Postby 20130312 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 am

Are you sure that the GPA requirement isn't for the whole first year? Just checked and my scholly is guaranteed for 1L, but assessed every subsequent semester.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 am

InGoodFaith wrote:Are you sure that the GPA requirement isn't for the whole first year? Just checked and my scholly is guaranteed for 1L, but assessed every subsequent semester.

Holy shit, thank you for having me check. Mine too is guaranteed through the first year and then evaluated for the second and third years. That is a huge weight off my shoulders waiting for these grades.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:54 am

I want my grades

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Are you sure that the GPA requirement isn't for the whole first year? Just checked and my scholly is guaranteed for 1L, but assessed every subsequent semester.

Holy shit, thank you for having me check. Mine too is guaranteed through the first year and then evaluated for the second and third years. That is a huge weight off my shoulders waiting for these grades.

The more important concern is that you're attending the kind of TTT that has a top 1/3 stip for scholarships.
I'm sure you'll be fine, though

llachans

Postby llachans » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 am

I go to the same school as shredderrrr. I just want these grades back already so I can breathe easy about the top third stip :cry: I heard that our grades aren't due until the 21st so we'll get the majority of them back after then. This is a stressful wait to say the least.

harbin

Postby harbin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 am

Today is the day.

At least, today is the day our dean asked profs to get our grades back by. I'm fairly pessimistic.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”