PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
UVAIce

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby UVAIce » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:59 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:
uvabro wrote:holy shit i got an a- in civ pro my worst class i didn't even get the right answer. i'm not even smart. i never did well in school. i can't fucking believe it. shit. i was expected sub median. goddammit. goddammit. thank you god.

You must not go to UVA lol none of us have grades yet.

Or maybe you do? And there is hope I don't have to wait a month still for grades

Not true. I know that section D has their small section (torts) grades back.

Postby 005618502 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 am

UVAIce wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
uvabro wrote:holy shit i got an a- in civ pro my worst class i didn't even get the right answer. i'm not even smart. i never did well in school. i can't fucking believe it. shit. i was expected sub median. goddammit. goddammit. thank you god.

You must not go to UVA lol none of us have grades yet.

Or maybe you do? And there is hope I don't have to wait a month still for grades

Not true. I know that section D has their small section (torts) grades back.

O wow. Don't know if this makes me happy or nervous. Congrats on killing Civ pro!!

thelong

Postby thelong » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 am

Nice work gaud! You too uvabro! This thread seems to be killing it so far.

I've still not managed to check if my grades are up, but I've also seen no sudden burst of traffic from my section through the FB group. That and I really don't expect anything until at least a couple weeks from now.

I keep going back and forth between really wanting to know and feeling pretty confident that I may have eeked out my goal (slightly above median) and assuming something went horribly wrong and I want to try and savor this period of ignorance before I realized I was terrible at law school.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am

Congrats to everyone who's gotten grades back so far, doing really well! Just under 3 weeks back until the registrar at my school is giving back grades (from what they've told us... I still check every day, though :lol: )

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am

thanks everyone. if i got the right answer maybe id have gotten an A? it's pretty sweet. nobody understands the significance of this. i can't really tell anybody because my parents don't understand, and i'm not very popular. i was hooking up with a girl i met with a bar before i found out when i got home. i sent her a text that said holy fuck i did it blah blah, and all she texted back was what's wrong with you it's 3 am in the morning. the agony of not being able to tell anyone who understands is killing me. can i thank the professor or is that sleazy mcsleaze?

thelong

Postby thelong » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:07 pm

uvabro wrote:thanks everyone. if i got the right answer maybe id have gotten an A? it's pretty sweet. nobody understands the significance of this. i can't really tell anybody because my parents don't understand, and i'm not very popular. i was hooking up with a girl i met with a bar before i found out when i got home. i sent her a text that said holy fuck i did it blah blah, and all she texted back was what's wrong with you it's 3 am in the morning. the agony of not being able to tell anyone who understands is killing me. can i thank the professor or is that sleazy mcsleaze?

What, no? No, do not do that.

I know what you mean. I tried to explain how unlikely As are generally to a few friends and family, and I think they kind of get it. I also stopped myself once I realized that I was talking about law school to (not with) my friends and family.

Maybe go do a couple of sprints?

SandScale004

Postby SandScale004 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 pm

At this point, not sure if I want to know anymore grades :D

Got an email from my legal writing prof yesterday saying grades were in and just had to be posted, so of course I had a dream last night that I failed miserably. Sick of these grade dreams!

Got up this morning to check and surprise surprise, had two of my grades posted in other classes. Guess I should not be disappointed, did well enough, but still slightly disappointed. Is that stupid???

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm

thelong wrote:
uvabro wrote:thanks everyone. if i got the right answer maybe id have gotten an A? it's pretty sweet. nobody understands the significance of this. i can't really tell anybody because my parents don't understand, and i'm not very popular. i was hooking up with a girl i met with a bar before i found out when i got home. i sent her a text that said holy fuck i did it blah blah, and all she texted back was what's wrong with you it's 3 am in the morning. the agony of not being able to tell anyone who understands is killing me. can i thank the professor or is that sleazy mcsleaze?

What, no? No, do not do that.

I know what you mean. I tried to explain how unlikely As are generally to a few friends and family, and I think they kind of get it. I also stopped myself once I realized that I was talking about law school to (not with) my friends and family.

Maybe go do a couple of sprints?

yeah ill do a run later. all i could think about were grades and studying all semester. i never so much as even thought about women or anything non-school related. now all i want to do is pimp.

bluecrab5448

Postby bluecrab5448 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Um don't thank your professor for giving you an A-. That's really weird and cheapens your own hard work. Just drop in during his office hours next semester and say hi, thanks for being a great professor, I learned a lot, and you can probably use him as a reference.

Congrats, and you deserve to be happy. I know you want to shout it from the rooftops, but for the sake of your law school classmates, especially for those who didn't do as well, I would advise keeping a tight lid on your grades. Don't be known as the guy who rubbed his A- into everyone's faces.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 pm

SandScale004 wrote:At this point, not sure if I want to know anymore grades :D

Got an email from my legal writing prof yesterday saying grades were in and just had to be posted, so of course I had a dream last night that I failed miserably. Sick of these grade dreams!

Got up this morning to check and surprise surprise, had two of my grades posted in other classes. Guess I should not be disappointed, did well enough, but still slightly disappointed. Is that stupid???

feelings in general are stupid. i'd be more likely to feel disappointed if i didn't go to a top 10. in my real life outside of law school, i'm very citical on myself because i expect myself to be much smarter, coolder headed and more in control of situations than the average person who is normally an idiot. at uva, objectively i know i'm below average IQ so if i make law review i'm gonna jack myself off all day even though i could have done better.

UVAIce

Postby UVAIce » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 pm

uvabro wrote:

feelings in general are stupid. i'd be more likely to feel disappointed if i didn't go to a top 10. in my real life outside of law school, i'm very citical on myself because i expect myself to be much smarter, coolder headed and more in control of situations than the average person who is normally an idiot. at uva, objectively i know i'm below average IQ so if i make law review i'm gonna jack myself off all day even though i could have done better.

I'm starting to wish I had Civ Pro with you.

SandScale004

Postby SandScale004 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

uvabro wrote:

Haha, thanks! I'm also overly critical of myself, I think I'm upset b/c I did better in a class where I had no background and had no idea what I was doing than a class where I should have had the top score b/c of my background. I did well in both classes and I'm just nitpicking about it, but I'm still disappointed. I did not in general expect to do well on my exams except for the one class, so a bit disappointed to not have gotten the top grade (well aware that this sounds arrogant, but if you knew my background plus the class subject, it would make sense).

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 pm

UVAIce wrote:
uvabro wrote:

I'm starting to wish I had Civ Pro with you.
There will be plenty of time to Outperform me in classes.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Nice work guys

zanzbar

Postby zanzbar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm

B in Legal Writing, I greatly dislike that class.
A- in Civ Pro.
I ended up with a 3.35 the median is supposed to be right around a 3.0 so I presume I am on the cusp of top quarter or just below that. I remember when an A- in a class used to piss me off, but Law school has certainly made me appreciate B+ and A-.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 pm

zanzbar wrote:B in Legal Writing, I greatly dislike that class.
A- in Civ Pro.
I ended up with a 3.35 the median is supposed to be right around a 3.0 so I presume I am on the cusp of top quarter or just below that. I remember when an A- in a class used to piss me off, but Law school has certainly made me appreciate B+ and A-.

In a way I'm glad I got 2 C's in undergrad (well, a C and a C+ I think) since its helped prepare me for the disappointment of poor grades. Just need to move on and not dwell on them.

eaper

Postby eaper » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Hey guys. I've been trying to avoid this thread so I don't get too worked up. Got an A- in contracts, though. Now I just have to worry about my other grades T__T Good luck to everyone else!

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 pm

SportsFan wrote:
zanzbar wrote:B in Legal Writing, I greatly dislike that class.
A- in Civ Pro.

In a way I'm glad I got 2 C's in undergrad (well, a C and a C+ I think) since its helped prepare me for the disappointment of poor grades. Just need to move on and not dwell on them.

who gives a flying shit about disappointment or happiness? all that matters are results. everything else is a pussy perception.

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 pm

eaper wrote:Hey guys. I've been trying to avoid this thread so I don't get too worked up. Got an A- in contracts, though. Now I just have to worry about my other grades T__T Good luck to everyone else!

Good stuff bro!

Postby 005618502 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

gaud wrote:
eaper wrote:Hey guys. I've been trying to avoid this thread so I don't get too worked up. Got an A- in contracts, though. Now I just have to worry about my other grades T__T Good luck to everyone else!

Good stuff bro!

+1 well done!

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Damn, you people are getting some good grades, congrats! I will be ecstatic with anything above a B-. My study plan was pretty lackluster.

Crim: watched so much Law and Order
Contracts: watched so much Judge Judy
Civ pro: lol.

indigomachine

Postby indigomachine » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Killingly wrote:Damn, you people are getting some good grades, congrats! I will be ecstatic with anything above a B-. My study plan was pretty lackluster.

I believe the correct term is "Civ Lol"

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm

indigomachine wrote:
Killingly wrote:Damn, you people are getting some good grades, congrats! I will be ecstatic with anything above a B-. My study plan was pretty lackluster.

:lol:

eaper

Postby eaper » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Killingly wrote:
indigomachine wrote:

For Crim law I kept it to SVU. Our prof liked talking about rape too much.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm

eaper wrote:
Killingly wrote:
indigomachine wrote:

For Crim law I kept it to SVU. Our prof liked talking about rape too much.

Well, yeah! Technically I only watched SVU and Criminal Intent. No clue when my grades come out, but we'll see what it did for me, hehe.

Congrats on that A-, Eaper!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”