PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby zanzbar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 am

B+ in Contracts. Hopefully got a little lucky on Civ Pro and my legal writing class so I can end up in the top quarter.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby gaud » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby 20130312 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby 005618502 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm

gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby minnbills » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:49 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.


+1 I have another month.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby 2014 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Haven't even checked ours are at least 3 weeks away.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:39 pm

minnbills wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.


+1 I have another month.

User avatar
shumpshump
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby shumpshump » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm

gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.


At least 1 more week at CLS :(

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Grades aren't out yet, but I got an email from some Prof at school about a summer position that requires a 3.5 GPA. Wonder if it means something?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby stillwater » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:15 pm

nope, probably not

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:16 pm

stillwater wrote:nope, probably not

Well, Duh!, but I'd like to pretend

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 pm

shumpshump wrote:
gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.


At least 1 more week at CLS :(


They're going to come out that early? I figured we'd get them -- maybe -- before the start of next semester.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby 20130312 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:33 pm

dingbat wrote:Grades aren't out yet, but I got an email from some Prof at school about a summer position that requires a 3.5 GPA. Wonder if it means something?

One of my profs emailed us that he had submitted our grades to the registrar. They still haven't posted, but I asked him for a reference and he replied yes almost immediately. Good sign?

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:37 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
dingbat wrote:Grades aren't out yet, but I got an email from some Prof at school about a summer position that requires a 3.5 GPA. Wonder if it means something?

One of my profs emailed us that he had submitted our grades to the registrar. They still haven't posted, but I asked him for a reference and he replied yes almost immediately. Good sign?

It means he doesn't hate your guts.
One of my profs said he has no problem being ambiguous with letters of rec (e.g. B- becomes "he was an attentive student whose exam was not quite good enough for an A")

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 pm

The only thread on TLS that is relevant to my current interests. None posted.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby 20130312 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm

dingbat wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
dingbat wrote:Grades aren't out yet, but I got an email from some Prof at school about a summer position that requires a 3.5 GPA. Wonder if it means something?

One of my profs emailed us that he had submitted our grades to the registrar. They still haven't posted, but I asked him for a reference and he replied yes almost immediately. Good sign?

It means he doesn't hate your guts.
One of my profs said he has no problem being ambiguous with letters of rec (e.g. B- becomes "he was an attentive student whose exam was not quite good enough for an A")

Yeesh, thanks for the confidence brah.

User avatar
shumpshump
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby shumpshump » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Bronck wrote:
shumpshump wrote:
gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.


At least 1 more week at CLS :(


They're going to come out that early? I figured we'd get them -- maybe -- before the start of next semester.


Required to be in by Jan 22. Registrar, from what I've heard, starts entering them from next Monday, Jan 6.

User avatar
Mad Hatter
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Mad Hatter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm

2014 wrote:Haven't even checked ours are at least 3 weeks away.

Why do you say that? Grades are due the 11th...

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
dingbat wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
dingbat wrote:Grades aren't out yet, but I got an email from some Prof at school about a summer position that requires a 3.5 GPA. Wonder if it means something?

One of my profs emailed us that he had submitted our grades to the registrar. They still haven't posted, but I asked him for a reference and he replied yes almost immediately. Good sign?

It means he doesn't hate your guts.
One of my profs said he has no problem being ambiguous with letters of rec (e.g. B- becomes "he was an attentive student whose exam was not quite good enough for an A")

Yeesh, thanks for the confidence brah.

Sorry. It means you got an A++ and he wants to have your babies

Gorki
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Gorki » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
dingbat wrote:Grades aren't out yet, but I got an email from some Prof at school about a summer position that requires a 3.5 GPA. Wonder if it means something?

One of my profs emailed us that he had submitted our grades to the registrar. They still haven't posted, but I asked him for a reference and he replied yes almost immediately. Good sign?

At least at my school all grading is anonymous. You could participate like a champ, C the class, and get an amazing LoR from a prof. You could ace the class after a semester of no showing and the Prof would raise their eyebrow at you wanting an LoR.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 pm

shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:
shumpshump wrote:
gaud wrote:Still no grades. . . I hate my life. lol.


At least 1 more week at CLS :(


They're going to come out that early? I figured we'd get them -- maybe -- before the start of next semester.


Required to be in by Jan 22. Registrar, from what I've heard, starts entering them from next Monday, Jan 6.


Hmm, interesting. I figured a lot of professors would take longer; I don't really see Dean Schizer's threat to fine late grade submissions as too strong a motivator, but we'll see.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Nova » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Gorki wrote: At least at my school all grading is anonymous. You could participate like a champ, C the class, and get an amazing LoR from a prof. You could ace the class after a semester of no showing and the Prof would raise their eyebrow at you wanting an LoR.


I was under the impression grading is always anonymous, but then profs can look and see who got what.

Gorki
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Gorki » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 pm

Nova wrote:
Gorki wrote: At least at my school all grading is anonymous. You could participate like a champ, C the class, and get an amazing LoR from a prof. You could ace the class after a semester of no showing and the Prof would raise their eyebrow at you wanting an LoR.


I was under the impression grading is always anonymous, but then profs can look and see who got what.


Hmm. I know at my school students usually just attach a transcript to their emails to make sure the professor knows how well they did :lol:

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7963
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Gorki wrote:
Nova wrote:
Gorki wrote: At least at my school all grading is anonymous. You could participate like a champ, C the class, and get an amazing LoR from a prof. You could ace the class after a semester of no showing and the Prof would raise their eyebrow at you wanting an LoR.


I was under the impression grading is always anonymous, but then profs can look and see who got what.


Hmm. I know at my school students usually just attach a transcript to their emails to make sure the professor knows how well they did :lol:

Yeah because just because professors get to see all of our grades after exams are graded that doesn't mean they are going to remember or care who got what.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby stillwater » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Pleasye wrote:
Gorki wrote:
Nova wrote:
Gorki wrote: At least at my school all grading is anonymous. You could participate like a champ, C the class, and get an amazing LoR from a prof. You could ace the class after a semester of no showing and the Prof would raise their eyebrow at you wanting an LoR.


I was under the impression grading is always anonymous, but then profs can look and see who got what.


Hmm. I know at my school students usually just attach a transcript to their emails to make sure the professor knows how well they did :lol:

Yeah because just because professors get to see all of our grades after exams are graded that doesn't mean they are going to remember or care who got what.


YOU MEAN THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US?!?!??!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pandapops and 4 guests