PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 pm

A pictorial essay of how our professors feel about submitting grades late

Image

SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby SportsFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 pm

law2015 wrote:
Bronck wrote:2h4m until my prof is late.


My prof is already 2 days late which sucks because I will probably start the spring semester without all of the grades.

I'm getting mine next week (unless my professors are late, which I doubt, since they've had a month at the very least...), and it'll be my 3rd week of the semester.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby crooked » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am

Bronck wrote:2h4m until my prof is late.


I've been pathetically refreshing the check grades page in the hopes that my last prof would slip them in before the buzzer.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 am

crooked wrote:
Bronck wrote:2h4m until my prof is late.


I've been pathetically refreshing the check grades page in the hopes that my last prof would slip them in before the buzzer.


You and me both. A futile exercise. :cry:

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby crooked » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 am

Bronck wrote:
crooked wrote:
Bronck wrote:2h4m until my prof is late.


I've been pathetically refreshing the check grades page in the hopes that my last prof would slip them in before the buzzer.


You and me both. A futile exercise. :cry:


Well it's comforting that at least 1L grades aren't hugely important or anything.

User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby smaug_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 am

I really thought they'd be in. I guess I'm just naïve.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:57 am

hibiki wrote:I really thought they'd be in. I guess I'm just naïve.


We still have 3 minutes!

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:03 am

EXAM NUMBER UP FOR MY CONTRACTS CLASS.

OH HEY THERE REGISTRAR, PLEASE GO IN TOMORROW???

User avatar
shumpshump
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby shumpshump » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am

I feel like when classes start Tuesday, I'll be so overwhelmed (4 classes Tues. = almost 5 hours!) that I'll forget about checking for grades. At least I can hope, right?

User avatar
shumpshump
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby shumpshump » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am

Bronck wrote:EXAM NUMBER UP FOR MY CONTRACTS CLASS.

OH HEY THERE REGISTRAR, PLEASE GO IN TOMORROW???


It JUST went up??? wtf registrar

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 am

shumpshump wrote:I feel like when classes start Tuesday, I'll be so overwhelmed (4 classes Tues. = almost 5 hours!) that I'll forget about checking for grades. At least I can hope, right?


If you have core classes with Tiago, then we have them together. At least our Mon/Wed/Fri is basically free, yeah?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 am

shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:EXAM NUMBER UP FOR MY CONTRACTS CLASS.

OH HEY THERE REGISTRAR, PLEASE GO IN TOMORROW???


It JUST went up??? wtf registrar


Yeah... my prof literally waited until the end. I fear I'll have to wait til Tuesday

User avatar
shumpshump
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby shumpshump » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:08 am

Bronck wrote:
shumpshump wrote:I feel like when classes start Tuesday, I'll be so overwhelmed (4 classes Tues. = almost 5 hours!) that I'll forget about checking for grades. At least I can hope, right?


If you have core classes with Tiago, then we have them together. At least our Mon/Wed/Fri is basically free, yeah?


My elective is MTW, so I have at least 2 classes every day except Friday. Not awful actually (except Tuesday with 4 classes!!).

I'm really excited about Lynch. Should be really good.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby ndirish2010 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:09 am

Sorry for being a 3L posting on this thread, but congrats on the grades everyone! I'm impressed.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 am

shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:
shumpshump wrote:I feel like when classes start Tuesday, I'll be so overwhelmed (4 classes Tues. = almost 5 hours!) that I'll forget about checking for grades. At least I can hope, right?


If you have core classes with Tiago, then we have them together. At least our Mon/Wed/Fri is basically free, yeah?


My elective is MTW, so I have at least 2 classes every day except Friday. Not awful actually (except Tuesday with 4 classes!!).

I'm really excited about Lynch. Should be really good.


Hmm, not too bad. My Tues and Thurs are loaded (all 4 both days). But Mon/Wed = one class, so I view that as free days.

I think so too, although being a 2d circuit judge, I feel like he'll be a stickler.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 am

Why am I still refreshing? I doubt the registrar is in right now lol

odoylerulez
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby odoylerulez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Grades are out here... and I think one of my grades is wrong. Going through the appeal process now. Probably just some sort of mix-up..

It's so far off that it's patently obvious that something went wrong. This messed-up class was arguably my strongest subject, and somehow it ended up being my worst grade on the report by two entire letter grades.

Other than that, everything seems right. Once this gets fixed, I could be anywhere from top 20% to top 10%.

Median pwned in Civil Procedure and Legal Writing, good grades in Contracts and CrimLaw. Torts is still up in the air.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby ndirish2010 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 pm

odoylerulez wrote:Grades are out here... and I think one of my grades is wrong. Going through the appeal process now. Probably just some sort of mix-up..

It's so far off that it's patently obvious that something went wrong. This messed-up class was arguably my strongest subject, and somehow it ended up being my worst grade on the report by two entire letter grades.

Other than that, everything seems right. Once this gets fixed, I could be anywhere from top 20% to top 10%.

Median pwned in Civil Procedure and Legal Writing, good grades in Contracts and CrimLaw. Torts is still up in the air.


I wouldn't be so sure that it was wrong. Torts is easy, everyone knows it, and someone has to do poorly.

User avatar
bruinfan10
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:25 am

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby bruinfan10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:I wouldn't be so sure that it was wrong. Torts is easy, everyone knows it, and someone has to do poorly.

+1. top 10% student, might've been higher if not for a low word limit super easy torts exam.

KidStuddi
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby KidStuddi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm

odoylerulez wrote:Grades are out here... and I think one of my grades is wrong. Going through the appeal process now. Probably just some sort of mix-up..

It's so far off that it's patently obvious that something went wrong. This messed-up class was arguably my strongest subject, and somehow it ended up being my worst grade on the report by two entire letter grades.

Other than that, everything seems right. Once this gets fixed, I could be anywhere from top 20% to top 10%.

Median pwned in Civil Procedure and Legal Writing, good grades in Contracts and CrimLaw. Torts is still up in the air.


Two entire letter grades? Yikes. Hope you're the exception but there are lots of "best class worst grade" stories out there and few, if any, turn out to be mistakes.

odoylerulez
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby odoylerulez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 pm

It's low to the point where it can't be right. My grade is basically indicative of a person that didn't even show up for the class all semester.

This professor never gives below a C- unless the student just has no concept of what's going on, and I think that's actually true of all professors at my school. We were told that early in the semester. I got worse than a C-. If the grade would have been a C+ or B- or something, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would see the argument that "someone has to do bad." This is bad to the point where it's extremely suspicious, though.

Median is somewhere between B and B+, too.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Bronck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Not sure what I was thinking, thinking that the registrar would be doing work today.

Gorki
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby Gorki » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:09 pm

odoylerulez wrote:It's low to the point where it can't be right. My grade is basically indicative of a person that didn't even show up for the class all semester.

This professor never gives below a C- unless the student just has no concept of what's going on, and I think that's actually true of all professors at my school. We were told that early in the semester. I got worse than a C-. If the grade would have been a C+ or B- or something, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would see the argument that "someone has to do bad." This is bad to the point where it's extremely suspicious, though.

Median is somewhere between B and B+, too.


Did you see the topic that was deleted awhile ago about the prof at Tulane who flunked someone who did readings + wrote a full exam... Not saying you are doomed, just saying that there is weird shit out there and the appeals process at most law schools probably has a higher burden of proof than anything you learned in 1L doctrinal classes = /. I am hoping its just a fluke for you and prof can correct it, best of luck.

Rest 1Ls w/o grades: Spend weekend doing stuff out and about, or if in polar front that is the Midwest then finish up readings and try to relax. Most schools recognize MLK day, so there will be no entering of grades, realistically, until about 9-10 AM on Tuesday.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Bronck wrote:Not sure what I was thinking, thinking that the registrar would be doing work today.


It's alright bro. I have to compulsively check on weekends anyway.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Postby hoos89 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Tiddlywinks and 13 guests