PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012 Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
History_Buff

Diamond

Re: PANIC!! 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread - 2012

Post by History_Buff » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

I have the feeling I'm about to get medianpwned with two grades in.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 pm

hyakku wrote:Nice. I'm hearing we may not see our grades until the first week of February - _ -. I've loved being here all year, and I think this would probably be the only complaint if that's true. A week or two after our peers is cool, but almost a month is kind of absurd. I'm also gonna buy into the conspiracy if it comes out the first week of February as I think one of those days is the day past refund time (I've got to check though, I doubt Z would do that).

Edit: Well that and it's fucking freezing here all the time, but I'm starting not to even mind. I visited people in Jersey and was outside in a light sweater while everyone else was bundled up; felt like I was in the Bahamas.
Bro, it was only cold on two days last semester.

HBBJohnStamos

Bronze

Post by HBBJohnStamos » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Last edited by HBBJohnStamos on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:
hyakku wrote:Nice. I'm hearing we may not see our grades until the first week of February - _ -. I've loved being here all year, and I think this would probably be the only complaint if that's true. A week or two after our peers is cool, but almost a month is kind of absurd. I'm also gonna buy into the conspiracy if it comes out the first week of February as I think one of those days is the day past refund time (I've got to check though, I doubt Z would do that).

Edit: Well that and it's fucking freezing here all the time, but I'm starting not to even mind. I visited people in Jersey and was outside in a light sweater while everyone else was bundled up; felt like I was in the Bahamas.
:shock:

What professors did you have? I'm guessing you're at Mich?
Yea, I'm an OPer so I had Crim, Con and Torts (I'm assuming you're from Mich and know the professors?) Crim. prof seems to be on his shit, no idea how Con / Torts profs well grade. I'm not even really concerned about the grades so much as I just don't want to be wasting time applying to firms that are going to request grades and I'm already out of the running. I'll just enjoy the rest of vacation if I got medianpwned :lol: And win or lose, I'll just end up at Rick's.

Also, completely forgot about thoughtdicking. I was looking for the word I felt towards you guys with grades without wanting to be a complete dick.
Bro, it was only cold on two days last semester.
I adapted to LA weather after moving there years ago in less than 24 hours. Whenever the weather drops below 60 degrees I become the softest kid on earth, immediately.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Also just received an email from my contracts professor for the highest grade in the class. Couldn't have done it without TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:14 pm

History_Buff wrote:I have the feeling I'm about to get medianpwned with two grades in.
It's ok HB, you're already the most improved poaster on TLS. You don't need a job- you have something more satisfying to take you through life.

odoylerulez

Bronze

Post by odoylerulez » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I've reached freak-out mode. I think my expectations go down with every day that goes by, and my anxiety levels are at an all-time personal best. I'm not normally an anxious person, either.

Grades are still a week away at the earliest, and all of our grades get dumped at the same time. Last year, grades were delayed until the end of January. I'll be incredibly angry if that happens again.

I seriously feel like my GPA could be anywhere from a 1.5 to a 4.0 with multiple CALI awards. It's the not knowing that sucks.

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 pm

odoylerulez wrote:I've reached freak-out mode. I think my expectations go down with every day that goes by.
Yuuup.

Wakelaw15

Bronze

Post by Wakelaw15 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 pm

wow, still nothing. I'm wondering if people who have the CALI award for these classes have gotten an email from the prof, or if everyone is in the darkness.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

odoylerulez

Bronze

Post by odoylerulez » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that here, no one receives a CALI notification until all of the grades are released. I'm assuming that most schools do things this way with some exceptions.

Wakelaw15

Bronze

Post by Wakelaw15 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm

odoylerulez wrote:I'm pretty sure that here, no one receives a CALI notification until all of the grades are released. I'm assuming that most schools do things this way with some exceptions.
I didn't mean the CALI notification exactly, but--as above--email from the prof. to the person who's #1.

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:07 pm

The bad thing about having one good grade is that all you imagine at the end of the tunnel is 3 B-'s.

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 pm

considering sacrificing a goat...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

atcushman wrote:considering sacrificing a goat...
+1. sacrificing goats is TCR. it works every time. the only bad thing is then u have all these goats bleeding out, and it f's up the carpet. prostitutes can replace goats if it isn't goat season in your area.

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm

uvabro wrote:
+1. sacrificing goats is TCR. it works every time. the only bad thing is then u have all these goats bleeding out, and it f's up the carpet. prostitutes can replace goats if it isn't goat season in your area.
Thats why you do it in the back yard...my wife would never allow a prostitute on the carpet

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Wakelaw15 wrote:wow, still nothing. I'm wondering if people who have the CALI award for these classes have gotten an email from the prof, or if everyone is in the darkness.
Well fuck me. I didn't even know what these were (I tried to avoid worrying about accolades this first part of 1L year, worked to keep me unstressed), but now that I know about them I'm already convinced people have heard from our profs and I'm thought dicking :lol:

No, really though at this point I'm done being stressed. I think something internally just said fuck it when I got done with Skadden's stupendously long application only to read, "We'll start reviewing your app once you've gotten grades to us." I felt like they knew they were trolling me and I refuse to be trolled by a law firm -_-.

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 pm

atcushman wrote:
uvabro wrote:
Thats why you do it in the back yard...my wife would never allow a prostitute on the carpet
well i only marry prostitutes to avoid this problem. the issue is i find myself having to get remarried every few weeks because i keep sacrificing them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

History_Buff

Diamond

Post by History_Buff » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:03 pm

A- in Criminal Law makes me feel much better also did okay in Torts, still waiting to hear about property.

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 pm

I have heard human sacrifice can be slippery slope. You start off only using it here and there when you think you really need it then your using it for fantasy football, video games, to cure hangovers, and before you know it the bodies are piling up and it stops having the same effect it had when you first started and really where do you go when human sacrifice has lost its thrill?

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Charlottesville has, to the best of my knowledge, a fairly limited population of prostitutes and goats. Do you think chickens would be an acceptable alternative?

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm

I feel as if we should tag our school, or school range, in the grades we post. I just have no context for all this.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

History_Buff

Diamond

Post by History_Buff » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm

atcushman wrote:I have heard human sacrifice can be slippery slope. You start off only using it here and there when you think you really need it then your using it for fantasy football, video games, to cure hangovers, and before you know it the bodies are piling up and it stops having the same effect it had when you first started and really where do you go when human sacrifice has lost its thrill?
On the plus side it's a really good way of getting rid of those pesky Jehovah's Witnesses.

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm

atcushman wrote:I have heard human sacrifice can be slippery slope. You start off only using it here and there when you think you really need it then your using it for fantasy football, video games, to cure hangovers, and before you know it the bodies are piling up and it stops having the same effect it had when you first started and really where do you go when human sacrifice has lost its thrill?
Plus, you run out of virgins pretty quickly.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 pm

UVAIce wrote:
Plus, you run out of virgins pretty quickly.
what virgins? oh, you were talking about yourself, weren't you?

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 pm

UVAIce wrote:Charlottesville has, to the best of my knowledge, a fairly limited population of prostitutes and goats. Do you think chickens would be an acceptable alternative?
Ill defer to UVAbro for an official ruling but I believe there is a scale along the lines of

1 Goat=2 prostitutes=4 Chickens

it also varies depending on if the chickens are broilers or fryers

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”