Worth taking E&T's just for bar purposes?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BarbellDreams

Worth taking E&T's just for bar purposes?

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Spring semester 3L year. I do not NEED to take another class to graduate, and the 3 I am already enrolled in are either A.) Very easy B.) I am interested in or C.) Required (freakin' Ethics I left till the last semester). I dont know ANYTHING about E&T's, most people who took it told me it was a fun class and the prof is interesting. For Bar purposes is it worth taking if I really dont need it credit-wise?

SEngland

Re: Worth taking E&T's just for bar purposes?

Postby SEngland » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Just study for the bar?

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm

If you have a pass/fail option, it'd probably be worth it. It's a lot of information to absorb during bar prep.

Kiwi917

Postby Kiwi917 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 am

I'd say it depends on how good you are at learning material on your own, and how good the professor is. I took it from a great professor, and I'm sure it will help somewhat for the bar, but I also think I could have learned most of it from a book. While the class was interesting, I don't know that it was worth the time to take it simply for bar purposes. It sounds like other people at your school thought it was worthwhile, though, so that's probably better advice.

shepdawg

Postby shepdawg » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 am

It's interesting stuff even if you don't plan on practicing in that area.

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm

I personally would not want to voluntarily take a class with a final for the last semester of my law school career.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”