3L Exam Prep? (Is that a thing?)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
as stars burn

Re: 3L Exam Prep? (Is that a thing?)

Postby as stars burn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Took my Bus Orgs exam this morning, and I'm pretty sure it raped me. What was I thinking taking a semi-difficult class my last year? I have no idea.

Grades don't matter anymore, right?

roguey

Postby roguey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 pm

as stars burn wrote:Took my Bus Orgs exam this morning, and I'm pretty sure it raped me. What was I thinking taking a semi-difficult class my last year? I have no idea.

I'm in the same boat, same class, and apparently same exam morning. I feel like I vomited random words. I didn't read anything for the class this year and instead relied on reading the mega outline that has been passed down for decades that includes everything he says in class down to his jokes. We will see if literally quoting him back to himself on the exam suffices. I hope so.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm

roguey wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Took my Bus Orgs exam this morning, and I'm pretty sure it raped me. What was I thinking taking a semi-difficult class my last year? I have no idea.

I'm in the same boat, same class, and apparently same exam morning. I feel like I vomited random words. I didn't read anything for the class this year and instead relied on reading the mega outline that has been passed down for decades that includes everything he says in class down to his jokes. We will see if literally quoting him back to himself on the exam suffices. I hope so.

I was starting to think you were in my class for a minute! But then, I saw you go to Case, amirite? I felt the same way about vomiting words. My exam had this weird policy question at the end that somehow merged Legislation into corporate law. I knew it was going to be there, but it still blindsided me. I don't even know what I wrote now, but it wasn't much. I know that question is going to be the curve setter, too, which blows, because it is by far my weakest answer of the three. I also felt like my analysis on stuff I did spot was just crap. But if you're in the top 5% of your class with an offer in hand, I don't think a lukewarm grade will hurt you at all, even if it does turn out to not be what you were hoping for. I have no such offer and was banking on this last year to add a few more points to the GPA. Doesn't look like it right now. :(

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 pm

kalvano wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Still trying to figure out these pesky rules of evidence...kinda...I've been on break for several hours after about 2 hours of reading an old outline earlier today...

http://sdrv.ms/RAlt1e

This is FANTASTIC!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
kalvano wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Still trying to figure out these pesky rules of evidence...kinda...I've been on break for several hours after about 2 hours of reading an old outline earlier today...

http://sdrv.ms/RAlt1e

This is FANTASTIC!

Remember those First Amendment outlines you sent me?

Yeah, thanks.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:04 am

What I should be doing: Papering

What I am doing: Trying to determine what was the worst "forgotten" song of the 1990s. "The Macarena" and "MMMbop" don't count, as we all had them burned into our collective memories.

I might vote for "Mambo #5," but we also had that burned into our collective memories. Savage Garden's "I Want You" should also be considered. Donna Lewis' "I Love You Always Forever" and Enigma's "Return to Innocence" are up there as well.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:07 am

Bikeflip wrote:What I should be doing: Papering

What I am doing: Trying to determine what was the worst "forgotten" song of the 1990s. "The Macarena" and "MMMbop" don't count, as we all had them burned into our collective memories.

I might vote for "Mambo #5," but we also had that burned into our collective memories. Savage Garden's "I Want You" should also be considered. Donna Lewis' "I Love You Always Forever" and Enigma's "Return to Innocence" are up there as well.

Anthem For The Year 2000.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

kalvano wrote:

You might have just won, and now that annoying as fuck song is stuck in my head.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 am

I've taken 3 days to outline one section that during 1L I would have done in about an hour. I have no idea what is happening with anything, and honestly I wouldn't even be THAT disappointed with a B-. Just gotta keep that transcript clean of C's and I'm good.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

Bikeflip wrote:
kalvano wrote:

You might have just won, and now that annoying as fuck song is stuck in my head.

MAYBE WE DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE INNOCENCE IS SO SHORT.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:38 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I've taken 3 days to outline one section that during 1L I would have done in about an hour. I have no idea what is happening with anything, and honestly I wouldn't even be THAT disappointed with a B-. Just gotta keep that transcript clean of C's and I'm good.

I feel you, man. I'm right there with you. I have a Crim Pro final on Tuesday, and I still have soooooooo much outlining to do. My desire to just be done has officially taken over my desire to do well this semester.
Last edited by as stars burn on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 am

I LOVED "MMMbop" back in the day. It was such a happy song. And, I'm not embarrassed to admit that I still like Hanson.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 am

as stars burn wrote:

I LOVED "MMMbop" back in the day. It was such a happy song. And, I'm not embarrassed to admit that I still like Hanson.

--ImageRemoved--

zomginternets

Postby zomginternets » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:45 am

kalvano wrote:
as stars burn wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

Which one?

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:06 pm

kalvano wrote:
as stars burn wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

:lol:

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:32 am

I'm at a point where it bothers me how little I know, but not enough to actually work hard.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:18 am

I should have worked harder, though I don't think getting better grades will save me from unemployment.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Kind of hate myself for taking FIT. Last exam, <4 days to learn basically all of it. Secured credit was fun and easy by comparison.

portaprokoss

Postby portaprokoss » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Last edited by portaprokoss on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Prof wrote the exam midway through the semester, but we never ended up covering a few of the sections on the syllabus cause we were running low on time. A few of the people I talked to agreed that 3 multiple choice questions on the exam were on things we never covered. If this was 1L I would have absolutely freaked out, but I strangely cared for like 15 seconds, right up to walking out of the exam door.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 pm

portaprokoss wrote:2L here seeking 3L wisdom.

I was so much less prepared for these exams than 1L. For one class I literally just typed info from crunch time flowcharts. Overall I feel like I knew 1/2 of the answers, understood 1/4, and had no idea what the hell was going on the other 1/4. I also felt like my exam writing was so shitty compared to 1L, like I spent too much time flipping around in my notes and my answers were short.

But I know some other people that feel like me.

Does everyone feel like they do shitty first-semester 2L and the curve just takes care of it, or am I fucked?

tell me good things

in all honesty, 2L is not the time to slack of for most people. If you haven't found employment yet, don't slack. If you have found employment but they want you to keep your grades up, don't slack. This is why 2L sucks so hard. You have the same amount, if not more, work to do and you have to keep the same rigor even though it's highly likely your motivation may have dropped. While most people do feel this way, i'm not sure it's because they actually didn't do the work.

3L is a different story because it's rare that what you in the classroom will matter at all. Hence the thread title.

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

All done.

I really don't think I did well this semester.

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 pm

fl0w wrote:
portaprokoss wrote:2L here seeking 3L wisdom.

I was so much less prepared for these exams than 1L. For one class I literally just typed info from crunch time flowcharts. Overall I feel like I knew 1/2 of the answers, understood 1/4, and had no idea what the hell was going on the other 1/4. I also felt like my exam writing was so shitty compared to 1L, like I spent too much time flipping around in my notes and my answers were short.

But I know some other people that feel like me.

Does everyone feel like they do shitty first-semester 2L and the curve just takes care of it, or am I fucked?

tell me good things

in all honesty, 2L is not the time to slack of for most people. If you haven't found employment yet, don't slack. If you have found employment but they want you to keep your grades up, don't slack. This is why 2L sucks so hard. You have the same amount, if not more, work to do and you have to keep the same rigor even though it's highly likely your motivation may have dropped. While most people do feel this way, i'm not sure it's because they actually didn't do the work.

3L is a different story because it's rare that what you in the classroom will matter at all. Hence the thread title.

This is why 3L as an evening student working full time sucks so hard... You want to keep up grades in case of a Dewey type scenario, but after 2.5 years of basically 90+ hour weeks with work and school, the motivation feels like a curve for a limit approaching 0...

shepdawg

Postby shepdawg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:42 am

KeepitKind wrote:
existenz wrote: your contribution is insufficient. tell us how you are slacking other than perusing TLS.

got the deadlines for multiple papers extended to late January

ADD faker

existenz

Postby existenz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm

I started studying for my Patent take-home exam yesterday. Today (our last day to do it) the school had a major system malfunction and pushed back the deadlines to Dec. 31st.

PROCRASTINATION FTW.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”