3L Exam Prep? (Is that a thing?)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Holly Golightly

3L Exam Prep? (Is that a thing?)

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:13 pm

I was wondering if it's possible that anyone out there has done less than I have to prepare for exams this semester. Please share 3L slacker stories here.

For my classes that have exams, I've hardly read anything all semester, barely attended class, and have literally done nothing to study so far. Need to take them by 12/21 at the latest. We'll see how this goes.

IAFG

Re: 3L Exam Prep? (Is that a thing?)

Postby IAFG » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm

I guarantee I have done less than you. I only have two exams, and took no notes for either. I've done around 5 pages of reading for each class, both times because the professor said I would be responsible for the reading that day.

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

I didn't read a single case in Patent until this week. I've read maybe three cases in Choice of Law/Jurisdiction.

Reading old outlines is sufficient, right?

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

And I only read the patent case because I was going to be on call. 3LOL.

KeepitKind

Postby KeepitKind » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

there's something meta about a slacker pissing match on a website for strivers..

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm

KeepitKind wrote:there's something meta about a slacker pissing match on a website for strivers..

your contribution is insufficient. tell us how you are slacking other than perusing TLS.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm

KeepitKind wrote:there's something meta about a slacker pissing match on a website for strivers..

Real life LOL

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

existenz wrote:I didn't read a single case in Patent until this week. I've read maybe three cases in Choice of Law/Jurisdiction.

Reading old outlines is sufficient, right?

It has been for me in the past.

I wonder how many rules of evidence there are...

KeepitKind

Postby KeepitKind » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

existenz wrote: your contribution is insufficient. tell us how you are slacking other than perusing TLS.

got the deadlines for multiple papers extended to late January

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I wonder how many rules of evidence there are...

I'd like to know what this International Shoe case is all about. Cool case name.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm

existenz wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:I wonder how many rules of evidence there are...

I'd like to know what this International Shoe case is all about. Cool case name.

Manolos, I hope.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Biz Orgs final in a week. Never opened book. I invest in stocks so I just assume I know at least something. Corporations, shareholders and directors, fiduciary duty, its all good stuff.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 pm

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:53 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Biz Orgs final in a week. Never opened book. I invest in stocks so I just assume I know at least something. Corporations, shareholders and directors, fiduciary duty, its all good stuff.

I also have my Biz Orgs final on 12/13. I JUST finished my seminar paper and have no motivation to study for this class. Why oh why didn't I take this class P/F!?!? :'(

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Damn I was hoping for an awesome flow chart...guess that was misplaced given the thread title

Anyway I am in one thread lecturing a paranoid 2L about how s/he should keep the grades up because it might matter down the line and I meanwhile have wasted three straight days surfing terrible websites, eating hot fudge pop-tarts, and....well, I was going add something but there isn't anything else...~20 hours of internet and 16 pop-tarts (I go on specific food binges and then get tired of them. I once had 64 eggo waffles in three days.)

I have to write something before I start studying because it is due on Tuesday and I always procrastinate so so much when I have to write something. My average must be writing one word per hour if you include all the time I sit at the computer procrastinating and telling myself to write it.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:17 pm

somewhatwayward wrote: I meanwhile have wasted three straight days surfing terrible websites, eating hot fudge pop-tarts, and....well, I was going add something but there isn't anything else...~20 hours of internet and 16 pop-tarts (I go on specific food binges and then get tired of them. I once had 64 eggo waffles in three days.)

LOL. That is insane! Around finals time I can literately eat an entire jumbo bag of Reese's peanut butter cups in an hour. I eat my stress. Plain and simple.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:

Damn I was hoping for an awesome flow chart...guess that was misplaced given the thread title

Anyway I am in one thread lecturing a paranoid 2L about how s/he should keep the grades up because it might matter down the line and I meanwhile have wasted three straight days surfing terrible websites, eating hot fudge pop-tarts, and....well, I was going add something but there isn't anything else...~20 hours of internet and 16 pop-tarts (I go on specific food binges and then get tired of them. I once had 64 eggo waffles in three days.)

I have to write something before I start studying because it is due on Tuesday and I always procrastinate so so much when I have to write something. My average must be writing one word per hour if you include all the time I sit at the computer procrastinating and telling myself to write it.

Well, it is the holiday season: http://www.law.nyu.edu/students/student ... /index.htm

(No idea how good these are, as I don't go to NYU)

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:12 pm

1) Do not read at all, or even pay attention in class all semester.
2) Realize on Monday that the class covered hundreds of pages of material with a variety of tests, and no notes allowed on the exam, which is on Tuesday.
3) Frantically try and cram in several hundred pages of reading and cases in a few hours.
4) Fail miserably and decide which things to study and which things you can accept points loss on.
5) Sit down for exam on Tuesday and realize it tests only what you bothered to study, except for one question which you can look up.
6) Win? Unsure because still had to study for an exam.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 pm

I went abroad to Shanghai to "study" "Chinese Law" for a semester.
I haven't read anything the entire semester.

I took my first exam cold.
I turned in my first 10p paper at a count of 7p with two half-page diagrams in it.
Still searching for motivation to do my second paper and my last final by this Friday.

All of my credits are pass/fail.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Still trying to figure out these pesky rules of evidence...kinda...I've been on break for several hours after about 2 hours of reading an old outline earlier today...

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Still trying to figure out these pesky rules of evidence...kinda...I've been on break for several hours after about 2 hours of reading an old outline earlier today...

http://sdrv.ms/RAlt1e

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I studied for a day or two for each exam. I also did faint-hearted key-word summary outlines starting around the end of November.... Definitely gunning for the flat-B or higher at this point.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Still trying to figure out these pesky rules of evidence...kinda...I've been on break for several hours after about 2 hours of reading an old outline earlier today...

Evidence was one of my very least favorite classes so far. I think a lot of it was the Professor's style though. I just used a basic rule book and read through that a couple times... Did OK, but not great on the exam.

eeksorry

Postby eeksorry » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 pm

i like this thread.

this year is so completely worthless.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 am

Damn seminar papers.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”