All the possible ways to study for Finals Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
941law

Bronze

All the possible ways to study for Finals

Post by 941law » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Looking for more of a condensed list, oppose to the 1l exam thread. What other ways are there (web sites, etc)?

1. studying/writing outline
2. reviewing class notes
3. Reviewing cases
4. doing old exams
5. reading supplements (E&E's, etc)
6. Cali.org
7. multiple choice questions from a bar review book
8. audio lectures - if found.
9. flash cards

Scotusnerd

Silver

Re: All the possible ways to study for Finals

Post by Scotusnerd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Writing exams for the topic to see where the ambiguities in the law are.

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Studyblue.com – awesome flash card website that also has an app that mirrors on your phone.

http://headmagnet.com/ - some free memorization website, haven't used it yet though.

TheGreatFish

New

Post by TheGreatFish » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:42 am

I never see anybody talk about studying organization. I remember during my first semester exams I knew the law pretty well, but I had some trouble getting my answers organized because I hadn't spend much time thinking about it before finals. After the first semester I started working out my organization for the exams beforehand and my grades improves substantially.

I would study organization by going over the possible topics on the exam and figuring out how I would answer a question on that topic step by step. Then I would reorganize my outlines to match up with my answer path.

For example, my Civ Pro outline for Personal Jurisdiction looked something like this:

Long Arm Statute
Constitutional Limits
Traditional Bases
Contacts Analysis
Fair play and Substantial Justice

If I saw a question on Personal Jurisdiction, I would start by looking at the Long Arm Statute. If it wasn't a state case or if the Long Arm Statute said it was in line with the Constitutional limits, then I would move on to the Constitutional Limits and give my rule. Then I would hit traditional bases. If one of the traditional bases was satisfied, then I was done. If not, I move on to contacts analysis, and then fairness.

Knowing exactly how I was going to organize my answer before I even saw the question was incredibly helpful. Just be ready to make changes to your plan if necessary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”