Looking for inspiration to study...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kryptix

Looking for inspiration to study...

Postby kryptix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Working full time with a family, I'm having some real serious senioritis right now, wonder if anyone else is in the same boat. Just trying to create a thread to motivate each other to get the pedal back on the metal and finish up law school on a high note...

SportsFan

Re: Looking for inspiration to study...

Postby SportsFan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:46 pm

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm

What about for people who have offers already and aren't 1Ls?

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:29 am

kryptix wrote:What about for people who have offers already and aren't 1Ls?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=190792

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:19 am

Success qua success is its own reward. Failure is unfulfilled potential, which makes the universe vengeful.

So study while I'm school. It is what school involves you lazy bastard.

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:54 am

rad lulz wrote:

kryptix wrote:Working full time with a family, I'm having some real serious senioritis right now, wonder if anyone else is in the same boat. Just trying to create a thread to motivate each other to get the pedal back on the metal and finish up law school on a high note...

OP, even with an offer your 3L grades are still important if you care about selective exit options down the line, e.g. USAO. Or you could get Lathamed. Whether or not such things concern you though, you should have a drink.

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 am

That's true, I forget that people still sometimes look at GPAs during recruiting, haven't dealt with that except for OCI in a long time :)

NotMyRealName09 wrote:Success qua success is its own reward. Failure is unfulfilled potential, which makes the universe vengeful.

So study while I'm school. It is what school involves you lazy bastard.

I like that... I guess I just always thought of myself as primarily employed and secondarily in school (quite regularly remoting into work during class) but right that if your going to do something might as well do it well. I hope my daughter lets me get some sleep so that I can put some time into classwork.

Why couldn't I just win Powerball today...

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 am

Cade McNown wrote:
rad lulz wrote:

kryptix wrote:Working full time with a family, I'm having some real serious senioritis right now, wonder if anyone else is in the same boat. Just trying to create a thread to motivate each other to get the pedal back on the metal and finish up law school on a high note...

OP, even with an offer your 3L grades are still important if you care about selective exit options down the line, e.g. USAO. Or you could get Lathamed. Whether or not such things concern you though, you should have a drink.

I keep a flask with me at all times these days, have some 25 year single malt in it usually :)

typ3

Postby typ3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Sounds like you're in law school for the wrong reasons.

You have kids and a family. Who will stand up to the insurance companies and corporations for them in court if they are killed or seriously injured due to someone's negligence?

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:44 pm

typ3 wrote:Sounds like you're in law school for the wrong reasons.

You have kids and a family. Who will stand up to the insurance companies and corporations for them in court if they are killed or seriously injured due to someone's negligence?

Well I was curious about the law and figured the graduate degree could help raise the glass ceiling a bit. I figure there's no right or wrong reason to be in law school, as long as you can afford it. What's a perfectly good reason for one person might not work at all for another. However, 4 hours of lectures after 9-10 hours at work does tend to leave you pretty drained at the end of the day :)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”