Done with Outline. Now What?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
aladdinismyprince

Done with Outline. Now What?

Postby aladdinismyprince » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm

So, I worked my a$$ off this past month and I am done with all the required reading in class and I am done with my outlines. I am now spending basically all day taking and reviewing practice exams. I'm talking like 12 hours of practice exams each day.

I feel like I have too much time on my hands. I still have a month left until finals are over, but I have already taken so many practice exams. Is there anything else you would suggest doing? Any other study tricks to employ?

Thanks!

igo2northwestern

Re: Done with Outline. Now What?

Postby igo2northwestern » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 pm

humblebrag :)

Continue with practice exams and see if you can focus on regurgitating arguments more quickly and eloquently + with good citations. I'd also fine tune the outline(s) to see if there are nuances within the law that you didn't spot before; maybe compare with other outlines. And if you haven't already, consider doing a practice exam or two with someone you trust; I spent a good amount of time identifying arguments that my exam partner(s) either innovated or wrote more effectively.

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm

aladdinismyprince wrote:So, I worked my a$$ off this past month and I am done with all the required reading in class and I am done with my outlines. I am now spending basically all day taking and reviewing practice exams. I'm talking like 12 hours of practice exams each day.

I feel like I have too much time on my hands. I still have a month left until finals are over, but I have already taken so many practice exams. Is there anything else you would suggest doing? Any other study tricks to employ?

Thanks!

Do you go over the practice exams with other students? Or the T.A? or the Professor? That could be very helpful and take up more time. Also, look for short answers and other hypos you can take. I am under the impression you can never have to much practice applying law to fact.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Review your class notes.

Phife Dawg

Postby Phife Dawg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Help out in the hypos thread please, Gunner Stahl

andythefir

Postby andythefir » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 pm

The premise of this threat is flawed: one is never done with an outline. Get one from a previous class, a friend's, or a commercial outline and go line by line to make sure you have (1) the right pieces that (2) go where you think they go in analysis.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Condense your outline into a one page, hand-written outline you can recall from memory and scribble on a blank sheet of paper as soon as your exam begins. Assuming it's closed book.

You could also boil it all down into a rules only outline that is like 2-3 pages. Then memorize that too.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Don't burn out. Take a break.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”