corporate finance supplement

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
somewhatwayward

corporate finance supplement

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good corp finance supplement? I am asking for someone else so I don't know much about the class. The topics covered are: cash flow analysis, valuation of assets and projects by alternative methods, the Capital Asset Pricing Model and its applications, the Arbitrage Pricing Theories, the Efficient Market Hypothesis, dividend and debt policy (Miller-Modigliani), and Option Pricing. They use a business school text and there is math involved.

It is a closed book test and they have to memorize all these mathematical formulas, so a supplement won't help much with that obviously. But something that gives relatively short explanations of the things in the list above would be helpful.

MG95

Re: corporate finance supplement

Postby MG95 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Last edited by MG95 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Eh... I think corporate finance does not lend itself to easy supplement use. Go to investopedia if you need definition of CAPM or something like that, but really this is more like a math class, and just requires a ton of practice and "getting it." Sorry if I could not be more helpful.... Btw, which business book are you using?

rbomb

Postby rbomb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Bumping...we are using the Markham Gabilondo and Hazen casebook. Thanks for the help.

JJ123

Postby JJ123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 am

If you're actually doing math, get an undergrad textbook on corporate finance. Seriously. My wife spent days trying to understand the dogshit written in her "accounting and finance for lawyers" textbook. When I gave her my textbooks from accounting 101 and finance 101, everything made sense.

Also, do you have access to excel or a financial calculator for the exam? If so, these calculations can be done in seconds.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”