what do i do? am i too far behind?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
swtlilsoni

what do i do? am i too far behind?

Postby swtlilsoni » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm

This is where I'm at with my classes:
Civ Pro: finished all the readings for the rest of the semester, but I feel like I've forgotten a lot of the earlier material and I haven't started outlining/reviewing (however I take my notes in onenote in an outline format so they are organized by topic rather than class date)
Contracts: I've done about 65-70% of the readings (notes are in outline format in onenote just like civ pro)
Torts: I basically have done no readings for this class and also haven't been going to class (our classes are recorded so I figured I could go back and watch the recordings when I have time)
LRW - I'm up to speed with that.

So....how do I approach the next few weeks?

Mike12188

Re: what do i do? am i too far behind?

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Civ Pro: read the E&E and start outlining
Contracts: Chirelstein is a short read - start outlining
Torts: Get a commercial outline and pray? Just so you know the recordings at GULC are erased after a few weeks. So guaranteed you are missing the first few weeks of classes.

PM your professors and I may be able to help.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Get outlines from 2Ls/3Ls for your profs, do practice exams, and pray

juicyj

Postby juicyj » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Does it matter what edition of Chirelstein? Currently I have access to the 2001 edition for FREE, but I see that there's a 2006 edition which I would have to pay for.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Why are people saying pray? it's not even thanksgiving and outside of torts, which can be learned in one day, you seem to be doing fine. just get some old outlines, do your readings/read a supplement, merge your reading notes/class notes/and old outline notes together into your own outline, and take some tests.

all this can be done in less than two weeks.

dood

Postby dood » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:01 pm

dreakol wrote:Why are people saying pray? it's not even thanksgiving and outside of torts, which can be learned in one day, you seem to be doing fine. just get some old outlines, do your readings/read a supplement, merge your reading notes/class notes/and old outline notes together into your own outline, and take some tests.

yeah, but i wouldnt even bother merging notes, just get the best outline for that professor and do practice exams.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm

dood wrote:
dreakol wrote:Why are people saying pray? it's not even thanksgiving and outside of torts, which can be learned in one day, you seem to be doing fine. just get some old outlines, do your readings/read a supplement, merge your reading notes/class notes/and old outline notes together into your own outline, and take some tests.

yeah, but i wouldnt even bother merging notes, just get the best outline for that professor and do practice exams.

I would bother merging your notes into your own outline, using outside outlines as supplementary references only.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 pm

"pray" was overly dramatic on my part. It's really not that late.

swtlilsoni

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm

This is what I accomplished so far:
the week I made my OP, I worked on my memo all week. Thanksgiving weekend I caught up with all the contracts readings.
Now, I have two weeks until my civ pro exam, contracts exam 5 days after that, torts exam 2 days after that.
How do I approach?

*can torts really be learned in one day?

Maximized

Postby Maximized » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 pm

swtlilsoni wrote:This is where I'm at with my classes:
Civ Pro: finished all the readings for the rest of the semester, but I feel like I've forgotten a lot of the earlier material and I haven't started outlining/reviewing (however I take my notes in onenote in an outline format so they are organized by topic rather than class date)
Contracts: I've done about 65-70% of the readings (notes are in outline format in onenote just like civ pro)
Torts: I basically have done no readings for this class and also haven't been going to class (our classes are recorded so I figured I could go back and watch the recordings when I have time)
LRW - I'm up to speed with that.

So....how do I approach the next few weeks?
How did you not have time in the past? Doesn't sound as if you were doing much of anything. Lecturing aside, you should do whatever it takes to get the Torts E&E naow. Read it cover to cover and then take practice exams. I'd say 3 days would be the absolute minimum to understand it but it depends on how much time you dedicate to that one class.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”