Law Review Drama Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Go for it?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 68

Platinum

Re: Law Review Drama

Post by 071816 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Who gives a shit?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Among the worst outcomes would be a bad break-up resulting in not getting published & in being passed over for an otherwise deserved editorial board position.

Metaread

Bronze

Post by Metaread » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Go for it. There's no reason not to. Yes, you might end up having a huge fight and causing drama, but that's only one possible outcome.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:43 pm

gaud wrote:
3|ink wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Go for it.

I mean, what's the worst that could possibly happen?
He says no. Then for as long as they know each other, she'll constantly think he's thinking "she thought she was hot enough for me? lol."
:lol:
It goes on. This is devastating to her self-esteem. In an effort to better understand her league, she hooks up with randos, starting with the sorriest-looking douche she can find. Each night, she moves-up the league ladder by banging a slightly more desirable guy. One night, several weeks into her rampage, she bangs a moderately attractive dude. The day after, she decides "I can settle with this," and leaves this moderately attractive dude a 20 minute voice mail explaining why she thinks they should move in together. They meet the next day for coffee and he says "I'm quite interested but some objectively cool ass accomplishments I just nailed down are keeping me working 107 hrs per week." She takes this as a "yes if I could" and her self-confidence is restored.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:45 pm

I thought it was going to end with her being JDnMSW

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Apparently, legit dating is better than having an affair. If it's an affair, don't communicate electronically?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 pm

This person is going to graduate in what, May? Do your relationships tend to blow up in such epic ways that you couldn't deal with some awkward interactions for a few weeks or months?

target

Silver

Post by target » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:40 am

dood wrote:i know for a FACT that in the past 3 years, the EiC of LR and a secondary journal at GW had slept with their successor / predecessor.
well, thanks god, my current EIC is married.

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Among the worst outcomes would be a bad break-up resulting in not getting published & in being passed over for an otherwise deserved editorial board position.
I would gladly forfeit any E-Board position I might later get in exchange for being in a long-term relationship with this person. That is the level of insanity I am operating on right now with this crush that I totally was not looking for when this year started.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 pm

3|ink wrote:Are you hot?
Yes, but so is he.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 pm

ephemeral.bete.noire wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Among the worst outcomes would be a bad break-up resulting in not getting published & in being passed over for an otherwise deserved editorial board position.
I would gladly forfeit any E-Board position I might later get in exchange for being in a long-term relationship with this person. That is the level of insanity I am operating on right now with this crush that I totally was not looking for when this year started.
I take it yall did not get drunk and hook up this weekend.

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 am

IAFG wrote:This person is going to graduate in what, May? Do your relationships tend to blow up in such epic ways that you couldn't deal with some awkward interactions for a few weeks or months?
You're one of my fav posters IAFG. I think this might be the most rational comment of the thread. We are two intelligent people who I would think could act like adults should something not work out with the connection between us. I was more worried about the moral implications of getting involved with someone that would have input into my role and possible E-Board position next year. There is nothing noted in the bi-laws but I could see how many would take offense to the situation depending on how things turned out. Maybe just keep things quiet until it is no longer an issue / the other person graduates.

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am

rad lulz wrote:
Sadly, no such luck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am

I mean how often do you actually see people on your journal? I only really go there to fulfill my office hours, and for editing with a partner, who changes for every assignment. I don't get what the big deal is at all.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 am

rad lulz wrote:
Sadly, no such luck.
Is he even attracted to you?

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 am

3|ink wrote:
gaud wrote:
3|ink wrote:

He says no. Then for as long as they know each other, she'll constantly think he's thinking "she thought she was hot enough for me? lol."
:lol:
It goes on. This is devastating to her self-esteem. In an effort to better understand her league, she hooks up with randos, starting with the sorriest-looking douche she can find. Each night, she moves-up the league ladder by banging a slightly more desirable guy. One night, several weeks into her rampage, she bangs a moderately attractive dude. The day after, she decides "I can settle with this," and leaves this moderately attractive dude a 20 minute voice mail explaining why she thinks they should move in together. They meet the next day for coffee and he says "I'm quite interested but some objectively cool ass accomplishments I just nailed down are keeping me working 107 hrs per week." She takes this as a "yes if I could" and her self-confidence is restored.

Oh, and this was cute. It made me laugh.

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am

ilovesf wrote:I mean how often do you actually see people on your journal? I only really go there to fulfill my office hours, and for editing with a partner, who changes for every assignment. I don't get what the big deal is at all.
:)
Last edited by ephemeral.bete.noire on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ephemeral.bete.noire

New

Post by ephemeral.bete.noire » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am

rad lulz wrote:Is he even attracted to you?
I'm fairly certain, or believe me I would not be putting myself through this torture for an entire semester. I'm just not sure if this is that bad of an idea and that is why no moves have been made. TLS you guys are like free therapy, which I obviously need. Thank you.

target

Silver

Post by target » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 am

rad lulz wrote:Is he even attracted to you?
I'm fairly certain, or believe me I would not be putting myself through this torture for an entire semester. I'm just not sure if this is that bad of an idea and that is why no moves have been made. TLS you guys are like free therapy, which I obviously need. Thank you.
For reality sake, you may be wrong that he is into you. EIC just has to be extremely friendly to everyone, especially student writers. So talk around, ask few 3Ls who usually hang out with him before making your move. Or just go for it and regret the ramifications later.

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 am

ephemeral.bete.noire wrote:There is nothing noted in the bi-laws
This just keeps getting more scandalous.

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 am

Also, at my school a while back the EIC of LR was dating another member. They broke up, and the EIC's ex proceeded to sleep with two other members for about six months, neither of whom knew about each other, though everyone else at the school did. It was glorious.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 pm

I've fucked my way to the bottom.

If you can fuck your way to the middle or higher. Go for it.

Either way: #yolo #bangbus #LGO #fisterwives #ifitfitsitsits etc. etc.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Yo. OP. How'd it go?

mellyy85

New

Post by mellyy85 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:50 am

ephemeral.bete.noire wrote:I have a huge crush on another member of my law review. Is this a horrible idea to pursue? How much worse than simply dating another law student?
Bang her and move on to the next one. Time is a tickin and you need to catch Chamberlins Record

mellyy85

New

Post by mellyy85 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 am

3|ink wrote:

ha i dont know many dudes that would say no. you would have to be pretty ugly or have some sort of moral character not to crush

consider me as ill hit it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”