Legislative Clinics.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
wildhaggis

Legislative Clinics.

Postby wildhaggis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Anyone have any insight on these? I know some schools offer them and some don't - I'm mainly just curious to hear anyone's experiences with them, if they're worth it, etc.

Thanks in advance.

wildhaggis

Re: Legislative Clinics.

Postby wildhaggis » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Bump.

Anyone?

Younger Abstention

Postby Younger Abstention » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Have fun doing "undergraduate level work" -- meaning, sorting mail and the like. Well, it depends on what position you get. I'd try to work for a committee, as opposed to a member.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Younger Abstention wrote:Have fun doing "undergraduate level work" -- meaning, sorting mail and the like. Well, it depends on what position you get. I'd try to work for a committee, as opposed to a member.

I don't think you understand how legislative clinics work.

Younger Abstention

Postby Younger Abstention » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
Younger Abstention wrote:Have fun doing "undergraduate level work" -- meaning, sorting mail and the like. Well, it depends on what position you get. I'd try to work for a committee, as opposed to a member.

Well, I did do one... Shouldn't you be studying for your 1L finals?

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Younger Abstention wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

Well, I did do one... Shouldn't you be studying for your 1L finals?

Nah, I don't really give a shit. Anyways, it appears that the legislative clinic at some schools allow you to be a glorified legislative aide, while others allow you to draft legislation and represent clients in front of administrative agencies. OP I would find out from students that have taken the legislative clinic at your school if it is utterly useless, or fun.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”