ABA president

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
somewhatwayward

ABA president

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I received an email from the ABA president urging me to report any voting irregularities during this election (won a Lexis drawing last year and got a free ABA membership, yay). It talks about lawyers' special obligation to ensure a fair election. Obviously I have no issue with this, but I believe this is the only time I have received any email from her about anything. Anyway I want to write back and say WTF are you doing about cracking down on fraudulent employment statistics and not allowing laughable "feasibility studies" like the one produced by Indiana Tech to be enough to get the green light to open another black hole for taxpayer dollars, not to mention the students' lives that will be ruined.

BeenDidThat

Re: ABA president

Postby BeenDidThat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:I received an email from the ABA president urging me to report any voting irregularities during this election (won a Lexis drawing last year and got a free ABA membership, yay). It talks about lawyers' special obligation to ensure a fair election. Obviously I have no issue with this, but I believe this is the only time I have received any email from her about anything. Anyway I want to write back and say WTF are you doing about cracking down on fraudulent employment statistics and not allowing laughable "feasibility studies" like the one produced by Indiana Tech to be enough to get the green light to open another black hole for taxpayer dollars, not to mention the students' lives that will be ruined.

Cool story brah.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”