OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thelong

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby thelong » Sat May 11, 2013 9:54 pm

First final is on monday. Fuck everything. It seems like we're at the end of the LS exam season and everyone is out being a person already.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sat May 11, 2013 9:56 pm

thelong wrote:First final is on monday. Fuck everything. It seems like we're at the end of the LS exam season and everyone is out being a person already.

:shock:

Sorry bro that sucks.

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:09 pm

One final to go! (Finally came out of self-imposed exile!)

Closed book Con Law with a professor that wants every case memorized is all that stands in between me and the end of the year.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat May 11, 2013 10:11 pm

thelong wrote:First final is on monday. Fuck everything. It seems like we're at the end of the LS exam season and everyone is out being a person already.

bring your flask to the corps final

ETA: unless that's illegal - in that case,
1) I have a locker
2) take the final - fast and deep
3) ...
4) swim in Washsq fountain
5) profit

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Sun May 12, 2013 4:15 am

Bronck wrote:Prop on Tuesday, 3d exam.

In your guys' experience, were people really starting to get burnt out by exam #3? having trouble, myself, to get the motivation to do work... and i hope others are too

You got this dude. Don't check out yet. If you get bored of property switch to Con Law. The fact that other people are checking out should provide more motivation to dig in.

(And no, I wasn't studying until 4. Exams do strange things to my sleep schedule. I'm glad I have Property in the afternoon.)

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Question:
AB and C conspire to murder D. A and B know the deal is to kill D. C think's they're just beating him up. What's B's liability under Pinkerton and under NY law?

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun May 12, 2013 2:42 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Question:
AB and C conspire to murder D. A and B know the deal is to kill D. C think's they're just beating him up. What's B's liability under Pinkerton and under NY law?

B is liable for the crime of conspiracy and for murder, as is A. Also, I think you could argue under Pinkerton that the murder was reasonably foreseeable in a conspiracy to assault and it could be (fork) in furtherance as the goal of the conspiracy so C could be liable for both conspiracy and for murder . Under Bridges you have an even stronger case against A, B and C as it was probably foreseeable. C doesn't need to be fully aware of the intent of all members, all the crimes that are planned or even who all is in on the conspiracy. In this problem you'd also want to argue the policy point that C would not have directly had the requisite Mens Rea to commit murder outside of the conspiracy, and probably wouldn't have MPC Parity via accomplice liability if his purpose wasn't murder.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm

thelong wrote:

B is liable for the crime of conspiracy and for murder, as is A. Also, I think you could argue under Pinkerton that the murder was reasonably foreseeable in a conspiracy to assault and it could be (fork) in furtherance as the goal of the conspiracy so C could be liable for both conspiracy and for murder . Under Bridges you have an even stronger case against A, B and C as it was probably foreseeable. C doesn't need to be fully aware of the intent of all members, all the crimes that are planned or even who all is in on the conspiracy. In this problem you'd also want to argue the policy point that C would not have directly had the requisite Mens Rea to commit murder outside of the conspiracy, and probably wouldn't have MPC Parity via accomplice liability if his purpose wasn't murder.

yeah, my thought was Pinkerton in CA gets everyone, NY (1 man conspiracy) combined with mistake of fact gets him as accessory to attempted assault and not likely for accessory to murder (causal significance is there but mens rea isn't equivalent)

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun May 12, 2013 2:50 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
thelong wrote:

yeah, my thought was Pinkerton in CA gets everyone, NY (1 man conspiracy) combined with mistake of fact gets him as accessory to attempted assault and not likely for accessory to murder (causal significance is there but mens rea isn't equivalent)

Yeah, we didn't go over the NY theory, so I'm not going to hazard anything on that one, haha. We just went through Pinkerton, Bridges and MPC. You'd obviously have a hard time getting C directly under MPC conspiracy because you'd have to share the criminal purpose. But it's definitely prime exam-fodder.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 12, 2013 2:57 pm

thelong wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
thelong wrote:

Yeah, we didn't go over the NY theory, so I'm not going to hazard anything on that one, haha. We just went through Pinkerton, Bridges and MPC. You'd obviously have a hard time getting C directly under MPC conspiracy because you'd have to share the criminal purpose. But it's definitely prime exam-fodder.

ours is just compare NY/CA - good luck tomorrow

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun May 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks man, you too. Want to come yell at the pigeons in the park afterwards?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 12, 2013 3:19 pm

thelong wrote:Thanks man, you too. Want to come yell at the pigeons in the park afterwards?

mine's a take-home. Might go pick things up and put them down for a while around 5 though

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun May 12, 2013 4:42 pm

hibiki wrote:
Bronck wrote:Prop on Tuesday, 3d exam.

In your guys' experience, were people really starting to get burnt out by exam #3? having trouble, myself, to get the motivation to do work... and i hope others are too

You got this dude. Don't check out yet. If you get bored of property switch to Con Law. The fact that other people are checking out should provide more motivation to dig in.

(And no, I wasn't studying until 4. Exams do strange things to my sleep schedule. I'm glad I have Property in the afternoon.)

Yeaaahhh, I really need to find a way to motivate myself. I had a good run later at night, but woke up about an hour ago and feel so bleh

Ded Precedent

Postby Ded Precedent » Sun May 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Bronck wrote:Yeaaahhh, I really need to find a way to motivate myself. I had a good run later at night, but woke up about an hour ago and feel so bleh

Keep on keepin on breh.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun May 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Write-on competition sucks.

Ded Precedent

Postby Ded Precedent » Sun May 12, 2013 5:06 pm

stillwater wrote:Write-on competition sucks.

I haven't even looked at it. How long do you guys have to submit?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun May 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Seriouslyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. God someone kill me, I'm not writing onto LR anyway. JUST KILL ME. :cry:

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun May 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Ded Precedent wrote:

Me neither. I don't even know when the due date is :lol: I'll get around to it...

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun May 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Ded Precedent wrote:

Ours was 30-something hours.

Started Thursday AM and went until Friday at 5.

It was terrible

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun May 12, 2013 5:25 pm

gaud wrote:
Ded Precedent wrote:

Ours was 30-something hours.

It was terrible

ours is a week. im 2 days into it. started picking at the citations. looking at 300 pages is not fun to write some memo bullshit.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

gaud wrote:Ours was 30-something hours.

It was terrible

I really really really wish that ours was something like this. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that someone wants to change our 10-day competition to a 30 hour one. That can totally happen by Thursday right?

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun May 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Pleasye wrote:

It was terrible

I really really really wish that ours was something like this. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that someone wants to change our 10-day competition to a 30 hour one. That can totally happen by Thursday right?

Totally.

10 days is soo long... I'm sorry :(

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 pm

stillwater wrote:ours is a week. im 2 days into it. started picking at the citations. looking at 300 pages is not fun to write some memo bullshit.

300 pages? Holy cow. We had like ~100

dannynoonan87

Postby dannynoonan87 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:56 pm

been a while since I checked in. I hope everyone survived or is surviving.

good luck with any remaining finals and write-on everybody.

::sends good vibes::

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Pleasye wrote:

It was terrible

Seriously. Ours was only 6 days but my god. Just. Hundreds of pages about the worst topic in the world.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”