OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Randomnumbers

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Randomnumbers » Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm

LSL wrote:
Randomnumbers wrote:
That chick just did some top-level gunning.

I know right?! It was epic gunning. Close enough to the actual time to make everyone think, "Hm, maybe I should stop." and lose a few points. But, not so long out so people would really question it or her authority.

Jsa725 wrote:that is fucking cray... are you done with exams? if not, go up to that person and say "are you retarded... it is not your job to call TIME, you were rude and disrespectful to the entire class.... it is the proctors job to call time.... it better not happen again." 8)

Nah, still one left. Though you're probably right that I shouldn't say anything to her until after the stress of exams is done. :lol:

I'd tell her what she did was inappropriate, and I'd also complain to a dean. That's completely inappropriate, and should not be done or tolerated. Too much rides on 1L grades for that kind of bullshit to be allowed.

LSL

Postby LSL » Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Last edited by LSL on Mon May 13, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 pm

literally the balls it must have taken to do that, though. she's basically throwing a good portion of her reputation and social standing out the window

LSL

Postby LSL » Tue May 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Last edited by LSL on Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Tue May 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Even if they did the grades saved versus the reputation harm done don't add up.

People forgive a lot. I can't even remember people who stole a clif bar of mine or made some racist comment. Considering someone a cheat is more of a locked in thing. You won't forgive it. Even if you get the best grade, you'll still hate her for attempting to mess with your shit.

LSL

Postby LSL » Tue May 07, 2013 6:27 pm

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Tue May 07, 2013 6:55 pm

LSL wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:Even if they did the grades saved versus the reputation harm done don't add up.

People forgive a lot. I can't even remember people who stole a clif bar of mine or made some racist comment. Considering someone a cheat is more of a locked in thing. You won't forgive it. Even if you get the best grade, you'll still hate her for attempting to mess with your shit.

That's pretty true. Especially when it's for something as high stakes/stressful as 1L grades.

Oh yeah, I'd want to see that person crash and burn. They'd enter the part of my brain that just says F them. I'd see them as kind of f'ing with my career and loved ones. But that's just me. I don't really hold grudges, but I'm very much a fan of gentleman combat. That dirty stuff really makes me dislike someone on a deeply personal level.

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Reminds of the story that my friend at another law school told me. They were at the bar mid october last semester. He was drinking shots at the bar and offered to buy one of his classmates one. Classmate convinces him to go shot for shot so he was like fuck it its october who cares. My friend ends up getting really drunk almost blacked out and has to get carried out of the bar. After he leaves the classmate says to someone else yeah i was just throwing my shots in a plant or something and pretending to take them. I just wanted to get him really messed up so he wouldn't study the next day.

Like wtf my friend probably spent like 30 bucks on him buying shots, which is offensive enough, but to take someone's money to try and sabatoge him. Never could have forgiven that.

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:Reminds of the story that my friend at another law school told me. They were at the bar mid october last semester. He was drinking shots at the bar and offered to buy one of his classmates one. Classmate convinces him to go shot for shot so he was like fuck it its october who cares. My friend ends up getting really drunk almost blacked out and has to get carried out of the bar. After he leaves the classmate says to someone else yeah i was just throwing my shots in a plant or something and pretending to take them. I just wanted to get him really messed up so he wouldn't study the next day.

Like wtf my friend probably spent like 30 bucks on him buying shots, which is offensive enough, but to take someone's money to try and sabatoge him. Never could have forgiven that.

sure that totally changed his grades. every day is make or break.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue May 07, 2013 7:45 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Holy shit I'm done with 1L. Probably median pwned but IDGAF at this point.

depending on where you go, nothing wrong with being medianpwned

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Tue May 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Whew, finished the first part of our writing competition. Now its time to write an essay...

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Tue May 07, 2013 7:57 pm

LSL wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:Even if they did the grades saved versus the reputation harm done don't add up.

That's pretty true. Especially when it's for something as high stakes/stressful as 1L grades.

All of that for like a 45 second advantage shows how much finals mess with some 1Ls.

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:Reminds of the story that my friend at another law school told me. They were at the bar mid october last semester. He was drinking shots at the bar and offered to buy one of his classmates one. Classmate convinces him to go shot for shot so he was like fuck it its october who cares. My friend ends up getting really drunk almost blacked out and has to get carried out of the bar. After he leaves the classmate says to someone else yeah i was just throwing my shots in a plant or something and pretending to take them. I just wanted to get him really messed up so he wouldn't study the next day.

sure that totally changed his grades. every day is make or break.

Yeah I know it def didn't affect his grades that wasn't really the point.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:02 pm

1 left! Tough to get up the motivation for this one. Year long grade though, gotta do well. Just another day and a half - CSWS!

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Tue May 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

llachans

Postby llachans » Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Anyone have tips on RAP? I've been doing practice problems all day and am still messing them up.

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 pm

stillwater wrote:
gaud wrote:Done.

hows that feel?

Amazing.

Thank you for that, Jsa. Lol

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue May 07, 2013 9:40 pm

gaud wrote:
stillwater wrote:
gaud wrote:Done.

hows that feel?

Amazing.

Thank you for that, Jsa. Lol

Ill join you on the other side on Friday. Can't wait.

LSL

Postby LSL » Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 pm

LSL wrote:

Wow, that's completely obnoxious. Who thinks of this crap?

SportsFan wrote:Whew, finished the first part of our writing competition. Now its time to write an essay...

Man, it's amazing how far ahead your school is. Nice that you'll even have the write-on out of the way soon!

Its definitely weird, but I don't hate it at all. :lol: At this point, I just want my grades and as much as I'm gonna enjoy this summer, I wanna get to and through OCI ASAP so I can figure out the rest of my life.

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 pm

stillwater wrote:Ill join you on the other side on Friday. Can't wait.

CSWS, brother.

You're almost there! It feels. . . weird.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSL

Postby LSL » Tue May 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Last edited by LSL on Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Does anyone use exam soft? Fuck exam soft. Computer froze for 10 minutes I'll never get it back. Fuuuuuuu

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”