OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Nova » Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm

SportsFan wrote:No motivation to keep studying for my last final (crim tomorrow). Can't wait until its over.

CSWS!

errr....actually, relax bro. You know this shit. Go in rested with a clear mind. YOU GOT THIS. Its all about performance now.

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Birdnals » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Random DCC question now that the topic has been brought up: Is Dean Milk an example of (a) facially neutral + protectionist purpose, or (b) balancing?



I believe it said that it was just straight protectionist purposes, and that cities can violate the DCC even if they discriminate against both in-state and OOS. Because there are people instate they don't discriminate but nobody OOS who aren't discriminated against.


I think they did a little bit of a balancing test, but it basically just showed that the safety concerns were pretextual for the real protectionist purposes.

SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby SportsFan » Wed May 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Nova wrote:
SportsFan wrote:No motivation to keep studying for my last final (crim tomorrow). Can't wait until its over.

CSWS!

errr....actually, relax bro. You know this shit. Go in rested with a clear mind. YOU GOT THIS. Its all about performance now.

I wish I felt that good about it. 117 MC questions, 3.5 hours, closed book. Not a good combo. Plus I still feel a bit unsure about some of the BLL, which I really need to sort out tonight. At least everyone else in my section is just as confused.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed May 01, 2013 9:06 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:Doorkeeper, that's a weird/tough question considering it discriminated equally against people on the edge of Wisconsin equally to out of staters, but preferenced distributers that were close to Madison. It was 19 years before balancing became an actual thing in Pike, and took an analysis more close to the "A" situation (aka 1. did it serve a legit purpose AND 2 is it narrowly tailored), but i don't know if your question can really be answered


Ah! I didn't know Dean Milk was before Pike. My prof just taught them all together to delineate the framework for analysis.

Thanks to Birdnals too.

I'm going to go with it being pretty much straight up protectionist for the purposes of my outline.

User avatar
LSL
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby LSL » Wed May 01, 2013 9:45 pm

.
Last edited by LSL on Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Nova » Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 pm

SportsFan wrote:
Nova wrote:
SportsFan wrote:No motivation to keep studying for my last final (crim tomorrow). Can't wait until its over.

CSWS!

errr....actually, relax bro. You know this shit. Go in rested with a clear mind. YOU GOT THIS. Its all about performance now.

I wish I felt that good about it. 117 MC questions, 3.5 hours, closed book. Not a good combo. Plus I still feel a bit unsure about some of the BLL, which I really need to sort out tonight. At least everyone else in my section is just as confused.

Godspeed, brother.

User avatar
mephistopheles
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby mephistopheles » Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 pm

LSL wrote:Hey everyone, could you all help me figure out if I'm on glue or not?

I swear I read a law (FRCP or caselaw) that established a corporation's CEO should be seen as representing that company and that this might affect the CEO's jurisdiction. Am I completely wrong or is that actually written somewhere?



no, this is transient jurisdiction for corporations. there's no law, but it's generally agreed upon that upper level officers or agents of the corp can be served, but they should be on company business (ie not on vacation).

User avatar
Lacepiece23
Posts: 836
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Lacepiece23 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 pm

LSL wrote:Hey everyone, could you all help me figure out if I'm on glue or not?

I swear I read a law (FRCP or caselaw) that established a corporation's CEO should be seen as representing that company and that this might affect the CEO's jurisdiction. Am I completely wrong or is that actually written somewhere?


well for jurisdiction of corporations its where the coroporation is incoroporated and where the principle place of business is. the princple place of business is the nerve center where the executives make decisions about the company. So where the CEO works would affect jurisdiction. There is some ambiguity if say the CEO works in one place and the rest of the executives work somewhere else.

Edit might not have been what you were asking tho.

redsox550
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:15 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby redsox550 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm

BullShitWithBravado wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
redsox550 wrote:uchhh I hate this shit! Can't tell if I was feeling this shitty/paranoid/nervous last semester. Either way it sucks


lol Clermont will do that to you... everytime I think I've figured something out I realize another nuance that I don't understand that I'll prob get screwed over with on the multiple choice.


The highest score on multiple choice is usually around 17/30, so don't stress. Looking at the questions in the text book will give you a rough idea of what to expect.


still pretty terrified Clermont will take a giant dump on my GPA. As others have stated, may the curve gods have mercy on my soul

SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby SportsFan » Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Nova wrote:
SportsFan wrote:
Nova wrote:
SportsFan wrote:No motivation to keep studying for my last final (crim tomorrow). Can't wait until its over.

CSWS!

errr....actually, relax bro. You know this shit. Go in rested with a clear mind. YOU GOT THIS. Its all about performance now.

I wish I felt that good about it. 117 MC questions, 3.5 hours, closed book. Not a good combo. Plus I still feel a bit unsure about some of the BLL, which I really need to sort out tonight. At least everyone else in my section is just as confused.

Godspeed, brother.

I'll be happy as long as I avoid a C or B-. Hope I can! :shock:

User avatar
mephistopheles
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby mephistopheles » Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm

C?!?!? keep that talk out of here.

User avatar
LSL
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby LSL » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 pm

.
Last edited by LSL on Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby laxbrah420 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:Anyone have an IP outline that has Myriad/Mayo in it?

Holy shit just tried to get one from outlinedepot.com --bought 2, both are fucking terrible! Does that site give refunds? $25 down the shitter

User avatar
mephistopheles
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby mephistopheles » Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:Anyone have an IP outline that has Myriad/Mayo in it?

Holy shit just tried to get one from outlinedepot.com --bought 2, both are fucking terrible! Does that site give refunds? $25 down the shitter



eessh that sucks

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Nelson » Wed May 01, 2013 11:39 pm

I'll be done with 1L in about 12 hours. Not so much a sprint to the finish as a stagger, but I'll take it. I'm going to spend the next week in a drunken haze so good luck to everyone in the midst of or just getting started with finals now.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Wed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Nelson wrote:I'll be done with 1L in about 12 hours. Not so much a sprint to the finish as a stagger, but I'll take it. I'm going to spend the next week in a drunken haze so good luck to everyone in the midst of or just getting started with finals now.


haha i get this feeling. im 1 down, 3 to go and I feel like I am staggering through finals.

User avatar
RaleighStClair
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby RaleighStClair » Thu May 02, 2013 12:15 am

laxbrah420 wrote:I found a folder of property exams on TLS and then added some more to it.
--LinkRemoved-- I haven't looked at all of them but there's some decent ones.
I thought that this bros exams were actually real solid though:
http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/gvetter/c ... ng2009.htm


Thanks...clutch.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Bronck » Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 am

Nelson wrote:I'll be done with 1L in about 12 hours. Not so much a sprint to the finish as a stagger, but I'll take it. I'm going to spend the next week in a drunken haze so good luck to everyone in the midst of or just getting started with finals now.


Thank you, brotha. I am very jealous that you're almost done since I haven't even started finals yet. Best of luck to your final final.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Bronck » Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 am

I think I'm slowly starting to get future interests and RAP. Not there yet, but hopefully reworking through all those problems I just did will help clear up things.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby omninode » Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 am

I think my brain is eating itself.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Nova » Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 am

Bronck wrote:I think I'm slowly starting to get future interests and RAP. Not there yet, but hopefully reworking through all those problems I just did will help clear up things.

omninode wrote:I think my brain is eating itself.

on that LATE night grind

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Blessedassurance » Thu May 02, 2013 5:34 am

.
Last edited by Blessedassurance on Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sopranorleone
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby sopranorleone » Thu May 02, 2013 7:43 am

Last final today at 9:30. But been up since 5:30 with the shits. Thank Learned Hand for Pepto. Gonna kill this test today no matter what. This is mine. CSWS let's go!!

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Birdnals » Thu May 02, 2013 8:46 am

How I felt the last week: http://thechive.com/2013/05/02/finals-w ... ame-video/


Finish up today!

Good luck everybody!

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15525
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu May 02, 2013 10:05 am

Nelson wrote:I'll be done with 1L in about 12 hours. Not so much a sprint to the finish as a stagger, but I'll take it. I'm going to spend the next week in a drunken haze so good luck to everyone in the midst of or just getting started with finals now.

Hope that last one went well and congrats. Now it's time for me to start grinding.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests